About this Event
The Academy of Church Leadership at North Park University welcomes pastors, church staff, and lay leaders of all denominations to attend our 3-day Annual Pastoral Leadership Retreat. The retreat is an experience of prayer and reflection, as well as, interdisciplinary workshops, and conversation.
The Retreat is co-facilitated by a Pastor and Professor. Workshops include:
- Re-entry for Churches
- Inquiry and Dialogue
- Ethical Leadership
- Managing Meetings
- Financial Leadership
The retreat includes up to date guidance on re-opening churches, skill development and best practices for pastoral leaders.
- Tim O’Brien PhD, Program Director of The Academy of Church Leadership
- Peter Sjoblom, Transition Pastor at Deer Grove Covenant Church
$50/day, or $120 for all three days. Registration includes workshop materials and meals.
Johnson Center Room 325
North Park University
5141 N. Christiana Ave
Chicago, IL 60625
PLEASE NOTE: We are exited to welcome retreat participants to the North Park University campus where social distancing guidelines and mask wearing are strictly followed.
Day 1: October 26th
- Inquiry, a Tool for all Disciplines with Tim O'Brien
- Reentry with Courtney Reid
Day2: October 27th
- Why are we So Good at Running Bad Meetings with Trevor James
- Marketing for Churches with Nour Al Naber
- Church Fundarising with Wes Lindahl
Day 3: October 28th
- Blue Skies Fall Down: A Story-telling Approach to the Practice and Development of Ethical Leadership with Catherine Marsh
- Financial Leadership for Pastors with Michele Haley
If you have questions, contact us our office at 773-244-6270 or visit our website www.northpark.edu.tacl.
This presentation made possible with gracious funding from the Lilly Endowment Inc.
Lilly Endowment Inc. was founded in 1937 by J.K. Lilly, Sr. and his sons Eli and J.K. Jr. for the “promotion and support of religious, educational or charitable purposes.” Throughout its history, the Endowment has sought to nurture the human spirit, intellect and character.
Lilly Endowment’s National Initiative to Address Economic Challenges Facing Pastoral Leaders awarded North Park University with a generous grant to provide specialized curriculum and programming geared for pastors and church leaders. To lead financially strong congregations, pastoral leaders need to be well versed in accounting, finance, human resources and operations.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Johnson Center, Room 325, North Park University, 5141 N. Christiana Ave, Chicago, United States
USD 50.00 to USD 120.00