About this Event
If you are interested in making a qualifying donation to reserve a private VIP picnic table (if available), please click here.
Watch our livestream of this show here.
Entrances open at 12 NOON. Concert begins at 2PM.
For more information on getting to the Grove, policies, and the latest festival updates, visit www.sterngrove.org.
NEW POLICIES THIS YEAR!
- Advance reservations are required for all concerts.
- PLEASE NOTE: Reservation is required but doesn't guarantee entry. Entry is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Reservations for this show open on July 20th at 2pm.
- When reserving on Eventbrite, select the total number of attendees in your party, ages 2yo or older.
- Each attendee requires a ticket.
- Free General Admission reservations may be made for up to four tickets per reservation.
- Free ADA/Senior section reservations may be made for up to two tickets per reservation for spaces that are specifically set aside for ADA/Seniors. Check-In is required prior to entry, at 19th & Sloat.
- If you are ADA/Senior and need assistance, you may call us at 415.252.6252, ext.112 (this is ONLY for ADA/Seniors)
- Reservation hotline hours are Tues 2pm-5pm and Wed-Fri 12noon-5pm
- Children 2 years and up require a reservation.
- If your plans change please cancel your reservation as soon as possible to ensure other parties have a chance to attend.
- No admittance until 12 noon.
- Mask requirements are subject to the current San Francisco Department of Public Health order.
- All members of your group must enter at the same time.
- Reservation holder must be prepared to present a current photo ID to enter.
- You may bring your own food and beverages.
- No Re-admittance (no ins/outs).
Enter through designated entrances only:
#1. MAIN ENTRANCE: 19th & Sloat (separate Seniors/ADA and GA entrances)
#2. Vale Ave (GA/VIP)
#3. 23rd & Wawona (GA ONLY)
COVID Health & Safety:
Please visit www.sterngrove.org/covid for more information.
About the Artists
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
Joan Jett is an originator, an innovator, and a visionary. As the leader of the hard-rocking Blackhearts, with whom she has become a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, she's had eight platinum and gold albums and nine Top 40 singles, including the classics "Bad Reputation," "I Love Rock 'N' Roll," "I Hate Myself For Loving You," and "Crimson and Clover." Her independent record label, Blackheart, was founded in 1980 after she was rejected by no less than 23 labels.
Blackheart is one of the longest running indie labels and continues to give voice to new bands. As a producer, she has overseen albums by Bikini K*ll, Circus Lupus, as well as the Germs' LA punk masterpiece, 'GI.' Jett's music has become a permanent force in mainstream culture. Jett and the Blackhearts continue touring the globe with headline shows alongside fellow rock icons like The Who, Green Day and the Foo Fighters. Additionally, Jett has acted and appeared in movies, television and theater. Jett was also able to see her story told in The Runaways, the feature film based on her first band, starring Kristen Stewart as Jett and Dakota Fanning as Cherie Currie. Jett was close to the project, serving as executive producer. Bad Reputation, a documentary about Jett's life, premiered to critical acclaim at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival. The film continues to receive praise and accolades and is available on all streaming platforms.
DJ Allyson Baker (Dirty Ghosts)
Toronto native Allyson Baker got her start dealing out ferocious riff rock with Motorhead-inspired hardcore band Teen Crud Combo in her hometown before she relocated to San Francisco and founded fuzzed-out, funky psych blues quartet Parchman Farm. After that band split in 2006, she moved in a decidedly different sonic direction that would lead her to Dirty Ghosts. Teaming with then-husband Ian Bavitz (better known as hip-hop producer and MC Aesop Rock), Baker matched sinuous guitar and impressively melodic vocals to craftily constructed beats and dark hued, post-punk atmospheres. The resulting debut Metal Moon and subsequent full length Let It Pretend for Last Gang records earned wide acclaim. Baker has stayed busy since then, contributing to releases by !!! and Kelley Stoltz and is a current member of the San Francisco based collective Red Room Orchestra.
About Stern Grove Festival
Stern Grove Festival is a beloved annual San Francisco summer tradition spanning 84 years and counting. Every summer, the Festival presents 10 free concerts featuring top headliners, Rock & Roll Hall of Famers, rising stars and Grammy-winners; including The Isley Brothers, Smokey Robinson, The Doobie Brothers, Kool & the Gang, Toots & the Maytals, Mavis Staples, The Psychedelic Furs, Mitski, Pink Martini, Ziggy Marley, Ozomatli, Digable Planets, Carlos Santana, Sheila E., and many more!
Stern Grove Festival also presents over 30 admission-free arts education programs for youth and young adults in San Francisco each year, fulfilling its mission to make live musical experiences accessible to all.
New This Year! Mixhalo: the app for immersive, in-ear audio
Stern Grove Festival is proud to partner with our friends at Mixhalo, a free app that lets you listen to crystal-clear, in-ear audio - just like the artists on stage! Using Mixhalo is easy: 1. Download Mixhalo, 2. Bring headphones,* 3. Hit Play to experience live sound like never before!
*Pro tip: use high-quality, wired earbuds or headphones. Available on Festival grounds only.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Rhoda Goldman Concert Meadow @ Sigmund Stern Grove Recreation Area, 19th Ave and Sloat Blvd, San Francisco, United States