About this Event
Back for a second year by popular demand, join Opera On Tap Philadelphia and Historic Germantown for an exclusive, enchanted concert experience in a historic cemetery! This haunted Halloween event is sure to thrill as we tell musical stories of ghouls, ghosts, and goblins.
Gates open at 5:00 PM. Historians from Historic Germantown will be onsite to provide an informational tour of the Cemetery grounds prior to the performance, which will begin at 5:45 PM. **Please keep in mind that there are NO restroom facilities as this is a historic burial ground.
The concert will be presented at dusk inside the Hood Cemetery, which contains the graves of several prominent Philadelphians, as well as those of 41 Revolutionary War soldiers and veterans of subsequent conflicts, including the War of 1812 and the Civil War. Rarely open to the public - and full of significant artifacts and memento mori - this is an experience not to be missed!
**Costumes are not only welcome but encouraged. We look forward to lifting spirits with you!
Important things to consider:
- NO access to public bathrooms! Please plan accordingly.
- This performance will be outdoors during the autumn in a historical cemetery. There will be mood lighting, though there may be sections of the cemetery that will be potentially dark and difficult to see. Please feel free to bring flashlights if necessary for safety.
- Patrons are asked to please be respectful of the historical setting: do not disturb gravesites, be sure to discard all trash in provided receptacles, and remove any personal belongings before exiting.
- Please feel free to bring a picnic blanket or folding chair, as seating will be on the grass.
- BYO encouraged: Bring your own snacks, wine, and closed-container beverages and discard all trash before exiting.
- Seating is first-come, first-served.
- Parking: Street parking only, which can be found along Germantown Avenue or East Logan Street.
- Public Transportation: Bus 23 stops directly in front of the Hood Cemetery at the corner of Germantown Avenue & East Logan Street.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
The Hood Cemetery, 4901 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia, United States