About this Event
"Mercedes Nicole has professionally recorded five Jazz CD’s (2013) Beautiful Alignment, (2016) People are Talking, (2020) Constellation & (2023) my latest Dare to Love-Dare to Dream. She has had the wonderful opportunity to perform at: The Triple Door, Seattle Opera House, Seattle Art Museum, Micro-Soft Auditorium, Egan’s, Tula’s, Aurora Borealis, a few places in New York, and a ton of Jazz & Blues Festivals and Spiritual Centers.
This is a CD Release Concert from her latest CD “Dare to Love, Dare to Dream” sharing music that will stay on your heart and your mind. Opening for her will be Sean Crawford, young R&B Artist and Pamela Grace-doing a little uptempo Swing!
Pamelagrace grew up listening to the greats of jazz. The party room in her parents’ home was a showcase of the swing, bebop and jazz kings and queens of the time. Pamelagrace knew the music that was done be each of those performers like Count Basie, Duke Ellington, The Dorsey Brothers, Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Billie Holiday and more. Without knowing it, she fell deeply in love with that genre of music. But she only started singing it late in life and she brings a wealth of knowledge about the life in those songs to those who come now to hear her sing these stories.
Pamelagrace loves this music from a bygone but exciting era. She loves being a part of keeping music unique to America alive. She is honored to open for Mercedes Nicole who she feels is an amazing vocal stylist and is shaking up things on the musical landscape.
@ Fremont Abbey Arts Center7p doors, 7:30p show
All ages, some seating available, bar w/IDABBEY ARTS EVENT INFO:
- Fremont Abbey is ADA accessible on either level.
- For most events we have a mix of padded chairs and standing room.
- Seating is not guaranteed or reserved unless noted.
- To respect the performing artists and your fellow attendees, please refrain from talking during the performances
- Please limit photos during the show so as to not distract other attendees from the experience.
- Phone video may be permitted for some shows, from the standing area only please.
- No professional cameras or cameras with shutters allowed in the venue
- We are an all ages venue. Kids 10 & under are free at Abbey Arts concerts & arts events unless noted.
- Equity & Inclusion - Entering the venue indicates agreement to adhere to the Abbey Respect Policy. www.fremontabbey.org/respect
- Service animals as defined by the ADA are allowed. Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities
ABBEY ARTS, SEATTLE | NONPROFIT 501C3, NON-RELIGIOUS, EST. 2005
Presenting welcoming music, arts & cultural experiences for people of all ages & incomes.
- Venue Rental info & more: fremontabbey.org/rent
- Concert & events calendar: abbeypresents.org
- Volunteer opportunities are available for most shows (include free entry) www.fremontabbey.org/volunteer
- Arts Connect provides free tickets for nonprofit workers, low income families, and veterans. fremontabbey.org/artsconnect
Home Venue: Fremont Abbey, 4272 Fremont Ave North, Seattle, WA 98103 / 206-414-8325 Ballard Homestead: 6541 Jones Ave NW, Seattle | + South Park Hall, Woodlawn Hall (Greenlake), UHeights Auditorium (UDistrict), St Mark's Cathedral (Capitol Hill), & more
Note: All ticket sales are final unless noted. Lineup and performers are subject to change, no refunds for change of support acts.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Fremont Abbey Arts Center, 4272 Fremont Ave N, Seattle, United States
USD 5.00 to USD 400.00