About this Event
On the occasion of Hispanic Heritage Month, Four Freedoms Park Conservancy is hosting LatinXtravaganza in conjunction with our newest art installation - Esta Tierra es Nuestra Tierra. LatinXtravaganza family festival at FDR Four Freedoms State Park on Roosevelt Island, October 7th from 11:00am-4pm. Curated by award-winning writer Xochitl Gonzalez, and featuring a large-scale public art installation by artist Mata Ruda, this program will invite us to celebrate the diversity of the Hispanic and Latino experience in America.
Get ready to dance, eat, and have a blast at Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms State Park. This in-person event will showcase the vibrant rhythms, flavors, and traditions that make Latinx culture so unique. From sizzling salsa lessons to mouthwatering Latin cuisine, there's something for everyone at this event. So grab your friends and family, and come experience the energy and excitement of the LatinXtravaganza! Don't miss out on this unforgettable celebration of Latinx pride and heritage.
Activities throughout the day include:
- Dominoes Tournament hosted by NYC Dominoes (additional signup information to come)
- Latinx-focused Banned Book Library and pop-up book shop by LUSH and Cafe con Libros
- Live Mariachi band and Bomba y Plena performance by Alma Moyo
- Poetry reading and children's story-time with Alyssa Reynoso-Morris, reading her book Platanos are Love
- Dance lessons by Ballet Hispanico and Salsa Salsa Dance Studio
- Food by HipHop Food Truck
- Environmental education with iDig2Learn
- Closing out the event with a set by DJ Christian Martir
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms State Park, 1 FDR Four Freedoms Park, New York, United States