The invitation is to show yourself authentically and act on your first impulse(s) during the time on the mat.
If you want to do something; do it!
If you don’t like something; show it!
It sounds so easy, but the amount of social conditioning that stops us from truly acting on our first impulse is profound. Let’s play around with it, see what still serves us and what does not, and allow ourselves to really play and show ourselves (again).
This is a really good practice for staying true to yourself during interactions with others. For showing yourself. And for finding what feels good to you and owning it!
Before playing we start with a grounding exercise to get into the body, go through some theory regarding authentic play and experiencing pleasure, and discuss the format and guidelines of Ritual Play.
Then we play.
There are different rounds. Per round you:
- find a partner (or not; also so much to learn by being a witness)
- discuss boundaries and injuries beforehand
- step on the mat and play
- finish with sharing
There will be time for sharing, and to learn and integrate the experiences together.
THIS IS FOR YOU WHEN YOU...
- want to explore intimacy and honest dynamics, have fun, or want to challenge yourself in a safer space
- might feel a little scared, or not. It’s all good, there will be sweet and loving people ❤
- have an open mind (or working on it) towards others and yourself regarding intimacy
- take responsibility for your own wellbeing. This means that you can always voice your boundaries. We will never force you to do anything.
- come as you are: any gender and s*xual orientation is welcome
The doors open at 15:30, we start at 16:30 exactly. It is important for everyone to be there on time, so we can create a safer space with all of us from the start.
We ask participants to keep to the guidelines that are discussed at the beginning of the workshop. When you are not respectful, cross boundaries or display other behaviour that jeopardizes the safety of the group we can ask you to leave the workshop.
You can bring:
- A water bottle (we will provide tea as well)
- Possibly some snacks: a workshop can make you hungry ?
- comfortable clothing in which you feel nice. For example yoga clothing, jogging pants or your pyjamas
ABOUT THE LOCATION:
Free parking when you come by car, and a bus and metro stop close by.
Government measures state that 1,5m distance is not required when working with coronatoegangsbewijzen. See https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/.../open.../stap-4-openingsplan).
- You must be able to show a coronatoegangsbewijs (vaccin or negative test result. Self tests are allowed, you can get them at the store). We provide some self tests at the door for 6 euros as well.
- keeping 1.5m distance is not mandatory.
--> If you still have questions or insecurities, let us know; we are happy to help you!
Joey is in training to become a Ritual Play facilitator, with Marina Kronkvist (the founder of Ritual Play) as her tutor. They both aim to assure high quality Ritual Play workshops. If you have any feedback about the workshop (before/during/after), feel invited to reach out and share.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Space to Be - Oude Haagseweg 58, 1066 BW Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands