About this Event
Community leaders and creatives involved in climate justice work in Bristol explore how we respond to the climate and nature crisis with joy, hope and creativity and ensure the transition to net zero creates a better, fairer society for all.
We are living in times of multiple crises: climate, nature, cost of living and energy. Social mobility, quality of life and living standards are in reverse. Those working in climate and social justice are under-resourced and facing burnout.
How can creativity support climate justice? Where are the stories of hope coming from our communities? How can we bring joy to urgent action on climate? Bristol Green Capital Partnership brings together creatives and community leaders from around the city to tackle these questions and pose suggestions and inspiration for the future of a just transition.
City Poet Kat Lyons will give a live performance of a spoken word poem about just transition, before we hear from disability climate activist Emma Geen and Bristol Community Climate Action projects partners. A local artist will then give a microclimate craftivism interactive workshop.
There will also be an opportunity for questions and an informal networking space at the end of the session.
Tickets are free.
We have restricted the number of tickets that can be booked to four per transaction to limit the number of ‘no shows’ and ensure as many people as possible can attend.
There will be a returns queue on the day and any empty seats will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis a few minutes before the start of the event.
Events start punctually and, out of consideration to other audience members and speakers, our policy is not to admit latecomers. Full Terms and Conditions here.
- Watershed’s main entrance and Box Office are both on the ground floor which is accessible via a ramped, electronically assisted entrance door.
- There are two Blue Badge parking spaces to the rear of Watershed on Canons Road.
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs are very welcome.
- The first floor of Watershed is accessible via lift from the main entrance and includes level access to all areas, including the cinemas and event spaces.
- The cinemas and event spaces have induction loops.
- There is an accessible toilet (with baby changing facilities) near Cinema 1. Follow the signs for the Cinemas and the accessible toilet is just on your left through the double doors before Cinema 1.
- There are gender neutral toilets in the cinema corridor on the first floor.
for more information.
Please note we only refund tickets if the event is cancelled. Events start punctually and, out of consideration to other audience members and speakers, our policy is not to admit or issue refunds to latecomers. Full Terms and Conditions .
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Watershed, 1 Canon's Road, Bristol, United Kingdom