About this Event
TLDR - The Munda Biddi Trail - an iconic Bikepacking route that caters to a variety of riding styles. Here, we focus on riding it light and fast!
**If this event has sold out and you would like to be placed on a waiting list, please email [email protected]**
ONLY 30 TICKETS AVAILABLE
The Munda Biddi trail is a world-class bikepacking route that provides riders with a variety of different ways of getting from one end to the other. At this event, we look into the world of light and fast bikepacking. You're not out there to smell the roses! You want to cover distance. Quickly. With as little weight on your bike as possible. There are a number of things to address when planning for a trip like this.
In this session, we go into:
The Munda Biddi
- An overview of the track, trail towns, mapping options, and the Foundation itself.
- What are the essential items you'll need
- How to decide what is right for you
- What are the downsides of going lightweight
- How to get to and from the start and finish
- How to resupply food
- Where you can get spare parts on the track
- Planning your days: how to figure out your distance to cover each day
- What sort of food should you be focussing on?
- How many days worth of food do you need to be able to carry?
- Hot food or Cold? Weighing (literally!) the options
- Saddle-sores: how to avoid, and treat.
- Numbness and pins and needles
- Neck and back pain and the importance of a good bike fit.
"Prizes? Giveaways? Did I hear you correctly?!"
Absolutely! We'll have some giveaways from our brand partners.
Terms and Conditions:
- Tickets purchased are non-refundable
- All proceeds from ticket sales are donated to either an environmental charity or a partner not-for-profit (such as the Bibbulmun Track Foundation)
- Tickets for those Under 15 are free. Proof of age may be requested upon entry.
- If you have purchased a ticket and cannot attend, you must provide at least 24 hours' notice.
- If you do not provide at least 24 hours notice, you will be considered a no-show and receive a strike against your name.
- Should you be a no-show for three events, you will be unable to purchase tickets for future events.
- Paddy Pallin is committed to providing an inclusive environment for people from all walks of life, and abuse and discrimination will not be tolerated.
- We welcome and value feedback from our customers. Should you have any issues on the night, please raise them with a staff member.
*Please note. The information provided at this event is general in nature and may not apply to your specific circumstances. It should not be used as the sole basis of information for you.
Brad Serls - Assistant Manager, Paddy Pallin Perth
Back in 2016 Brad completed his first Munda Biddi end to end and since then he’s helped countless riders with their bikepacking adventures. Working at both Wembley Cycles and Cycles Bespoke for ten years he lives and breathes bikes and understands exactly what it takes to push both machine and rider on the most gruelling endurance rides. Over the years Brad has presented multiple information nights for the Munda Biddi Trail Foundation, helping riders grasp what they need from gear preparation to dealing with mechanicals. From simple overnighters with his mates to taking on his biggest challenge – The Hunt 1000, an information evening with Brad will help you get out there and enjoy the satisfaction bikepacking has to offer.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Paddy Pallin Perth, 849 Hay Street, Perth, Australia
AUD 0.00 to AUD 10.00