About this Event
An Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation 4-week course. Each class is one hour, once per week. This course is practical, non-religious and designed for beginners. The course includes
- 4 classes with an experienced mindfulness trainer
- 4-week subscription to the full version of the CALM app
- Downloadable guided mindfulness meditations for you to keep
- A 45-page guidebook
“Using mindfulness to help me better manage unrelenting anxiety, obsessive worrying & sadness. I have found that using the apps is helpful when having a stressful day, & I intend to keep practicing daily. Thank you.” — Cecily Wilson
Mindfulness means “paying attention in a particular way; On purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally.” — Jon Kabat Zinn (Professor of Medicine Emeritus Stress Reduction Clinic and the Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine).
The benefits of regular mindfulness are…
✔ Reduced stress and anxiety
✔ Improved sleeping patterns
✔ Less self-judgement and more self-acceptance
✔ Greater feelings of joy and freedom
✔ Improved mental health
✔ Effective ways to work with difficult thoughts and emotions
“Mindfulness helps you to keep your thoughts in the present moment. As you practice, you tend to get better at calming the mind and keeping things in perspective. ” — Dr Grant Blashki is a practising GP and Beyond Blue’s lead Clinical Advisor
✔ Full length 4-week course so you can practise and report back.
✔ No risk money-back guarantee; if you attend all the classes and don’t feel you have received any benefit get your money back.
✔ Includes 4-week subscription to the premium version of the CALM mindfulness and meditation app.
✔ Australia’s number one 'in-person' mindfulness course.
✔ Exclusive 45-page guidebook including weekly assignments, indepth articles and a reading list.
✔ Over 15 guided downloadable guided meditations for you to keep.
✔ No religion. No dogma. No funny positions. Practical and non-religious course.
✔ Designed for absolute beginners.
Week 1: What is Mindfulness?
- What mindfulness is
- The benefits of mindfulness and meditation
- Guided body scan mindfulness meditation.
Week 2: Working with the Mind
- Why thinking can be problematical
- Practical ways to work with difficult thoughts
- Self-judgement and how to intervene
- Guided mindfulness meditation — counting the breath.
Week 3: Working with Emotions
- What are emotions?
- Learning to feel emotions
- The RAIN method
- Non-judgement and acceptance
- Guided mindfulness meditation on feelings.
Week 4: Radical Acceptance
- What it means to be present
- How "wanting things to be different" causes stress
- Developing wisdom and insight
- Authentic self-compassion
- Open awareness guided mindfulness meditation
- Next steps.
YOUR FACILITATOR IS ANNE RODGERS
Formerly Managing Director of Starcom, a global media and communications agency, Anne turned to yoga and mindfulness to support her own mental health and to cope with the rigours of business. Anne was so taken with the benefits of mindfulness with her own wellbeing, she took a great leap of faith and changed her life’s direction to share her passion with others.
Anne now supports people to deal with the pressures of daily life through mindfulness-based practices; guiding her clients to replenish and regenerate the mind-body emotion connection with emphasis on breath awareness and balancing the nervous system.
Anne not only holds a Diploma of Management, she is a registered Hatha Yoga Instructor and has completed a Diploma of Positive Psychology and Wellbeing. She is a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction facilitator from the Jon Kabat-Zinn lineage.
Anne’s own happiness is supported by her personal practice of yoga, daily mindfulness practice, Argentine tango and Latin dancing.
Mindfulness Works is the largest mindfulness training organisation in Australia. Over 10,000 people have completed the Mindfulness Works Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation 4-week course
Mindfulness Works is committed to:
- Providing accessible and affordable mindfulness courses.
- Offering a diverse range of experienced and skilled mindfulness trainers.
- Providing courses in a practical format with exceptional supporting resources.
- Improving the mental health of all of us and fostering self-love in all.
- Supporting our facilitators with options for further professional development.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Talk Out Load (Upstairs), 3/1267 North East Road, Adelaide, Australia