About this Event
At Urban Insights Data Lab, we are on a mission to create Denmark’s first data collaborative for sustainable urban development - a platform where different actors across public sector, private companies and knowledge institutions share data and use it as a common foundation to shed light on complex challenges cities are facing.
The 6th of March, we are holding our third workshop setting the spotlight on Belonging and Communities in collaboration with Balder Denmark and VOLCANO.
Join us if you are working in the field of culture, data and urban development!
We will be gathering the best-in-class when it comes to working with data to design evidence-based policies and interventions to improve life, communities and sense of belonging in the built environment.
You’ll get to network and share experiences with other experts on the following questions:
- How can we understand neighborhood dynamics through the communities who live in it?
- How can we harness knowledge of citizens and communities to design thriving and lively neighborhoods
- How can real estate developers work on resident attraction, retention and social programming of their apartment complex even before the project starts?
- And how do we measure how well the local community is doing over time?
- Exchanging experiences working with communities, neighborhood planning, urban development and data
- Developing new methods to collaborate across actors on data sharing for people- and community-friendly cities
- Meeting and networking
13.00 Welcome and Introduction
Urban Insights Data Lab, Denmark’s first data collaborative
13.20 Inspirational cases
- Balder Denmark: evidence-based investments in communities and neighborhood development
- VOLCANO: mapping communities and neighborhood narratives through social media analysis
- Søren Hansen: data-driven liveability strategies
14.05 Work in thematic groups
- How do we find information we need? What data sources?
- How can we use it to develop policies and interventions, and measure improvements over time?
15.00 Conclusions from today
- Group presentations
- Questions and answers from the other groups
- Learnings from today
15.30 Thank you for today
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Spor10, 10 Vasbygade, Copenhagen , Denmark