About this Event
Welcome to the Offal Party!
Joins us for lunch celebrating offal meat prepared by an innovative Latine chef, learn from experts across the food web about the problems and promise of these undervalued foods, and have the opportunity to join the 2025 Offal Business Plan Competition.
The Offal Problem:
- When most beef producers in Colorado send their beef to be processed, one of two bad outcomes happen, either they:
- Receive a bill for sending the offal to a landfill (where it emits methane) OR
- Have a pile of organ meats that they are unable to sell as fast as a T-bone, so they have to pay to store them.
- Both of these cut into their already slim profits, and is antithetical to a regenerative, circular economy.
The Offal Solution:
- We wil be announcing the 2025 Offal Business Plan Competition.
- Come lend your creativity and tastebuds to solve this meaningful challenge for Colorado's food web.
Where: CSU Spur Confluence Theater; Hydro Building
When: Sunday, January 7 | 11am-1:30pm
*Parking information to be provided
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
CSU Spur, 4777 National Western Drive, Denver, United States