AdvertisementThis introductory workshop offers teachers an overview and provides opportunities for hands-on participation in the steps of this exceptionally effective instructional approach.
The workshop addresses the use of Talk for Writing in fiction and covers:
- The three-stage pedagogy – Imitation, Innovation and Independent Application/Invention – which are the basis of the Talk for Writing approach, and allows students to move from dependence to independence in a systematic, scaffolded way;
- Development of sentence and grammatical skills, with a focus on functional application of grammar in context, through explicit scaffolds selected to meet specific instructional needs of students;
- Providing effective feedback to students in order to promote skill development;
- Formative assessment of writing, in order to track student progress and guide teaching goals; and
- Planning a unit of work, based on the instructional needs of students and the curriculum/ progression guide.
Participants will leave this introductory 2-Day workshop having planned for a unit to implement immediately.
Register at https://dsf.net.au/our-services/professional-learning/event-details/talk-for-writing-2-day-introductory-workshop-124a-eaa7c781
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Suite 18/162 Colin Street, West Perth, 17 Campbell St, West Perth WA 6005, Australia,Perth, Western Australia