About this Event
Organized by Sandbox, V2X and Arcan Saigon, this panel talk digs into the healing power of arts, storytelling and community, through a multidisciplinary and intercultural dialogue.
What’s the power of creating stories in mental health therapy? What are artists’ therapeutic processes? To what extent local cultures influence these processes? How has today’s digital world been impacting our mental health, for both the best and the worst?
We will discuss these questions with Sandboxers and Vietnamese artists and community leaders, before chilling time with ambianced music, mixed by French-Vietnamese DJ Kiki Raikonnen.
- , Gender Queer Visual Artist, MultiMedia Philosopher, founder of Archives of the Divanun;
- is a DJ/producer/songwriter deeply rooted in the contemporary Vietnamese music scene. Beside her solo act, she is also a co-founder of experimental music project ANNAM, Gãy collective, and MMR record label;
- photographer, designer, community organizer, co-founder of the Nem Space studio;
- , Writer, Editor, & Podcaster.
Moderator: (Writer, cofounder of V2X).
Sandbox is a mobile society of trailblazers using technology and conversation to create a world of their design. We are an eclectic community of 1500+ entrepreneurs, storytellers, academics, scientists, and influencers from over 100 countries.
V2X Magazine stands as an emerging media platform and creative agency that covers new subcultures of Vietnam in music, fashion, and arts. Upholding the resounding mantra of “Independence - Freedom - Wildness, ” V2X champions a burgeoning generation that is forging its unique identities amidst the tumultuous aspirations of youth. Standing with Vietnamese explorers and creators who engage with contemporary global culture, our mission is to support original expressions of a distinct Vietnamese essence. Together, we foster communities and cultivate a contemporary Vietnamese culture that is audacious and forward-thinking, while steadfastly preserving our indigenous traditions and values.
Celebrating 5 years now, Arcan is the go-to place for ravers in Saigon, promoting underground TeKno culture and other subcultural music genders such as Psy-Trance, Techno or Drum & Bass.
This afternoon talk & ambianced chilled music is free, with mandatory registration.
Saturday, February 24th @ Arcan Saigon
- Talk (4PM-6PM): including Q&A with the audience
- DJ Set (6PM-8PM): chilled ambianced music by French-Vietnamese DJ-Producer Kiki Raïkonnen
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Arcan, 29/2H Đường Điện Biên Phủ, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam