About this Event
Join us for a powerful immersive weekend of sound exploration with expert sound practitioner Jared Bistrong of the Miami Sound Institute. The course will lead you on an experiential journey through the fundamentals of sound healing.
In Level 1, students learn the art and science of sound healing and will be introduced to a variety of sound healing techniques, modalities and instruments, including drums, percussion, the Didgeridoo, Tibetan Singing bowls, Crystal Singing bowls, flutes, and more. Participants will be provided a strong foundation for cultivating a customized practical sound healing model that can be applied to self-care, meditation, and sharing with small groups.
In Level 1, you will learn:
- The History & Science behind Sound Therapy & Sound Vibrations
- How to cultivate different Sound Healing tools for your own personal meditative practice
- An introduction to and how to play Tibetan bowls, the Didgeridoo, crystal bowls, gongs, drums, chimes, vocal toning, and more.
- Importance of intention in Sound Healing
- How to cultivate and hold space for a Sound Healing session
- The importance of breath & movement
- A practical Sound Healing model that can be applied to self-care, group, and private Sound Healing sessions
Who Can Benefit:
- Anyone interested in self-cultivation and self-care practices
- Healthcare practitioners from all areas including medical doctors, nurses, acupuncturist, message therapists, and more
- Beginner and advanced Sound Healers, who want exposure to new instruments
- Musicians & non-musicians
- Teachers of all types
- All mindful humans
At the end of Level 1, you will have been exposed to a variety of instruments/techniques and participated in a public Sound Healing session that will allow you to put what you've learned into practice or continue into Level 2. You will have a strong foundation forming the basis of your ongoing journey into sound.
⏰ When: Level 1 (June 9 – 11) Check-in starts at 6:45pm on Friday night. Please arrive on time.
- Friday // Nov 3, 6 - 9pm
- Saturday // Nov 4, 10am - 5pm
- Sunday // Nov 5, 10am - 5pm
⭐️ Who: A Miami native, Jared Bistrong is a teacher, multi-instrumentalist, sound healer, dynamic workshop facilitator, and Director of the Miami Sound Institute. His percussion group and sound healing workshops have been featured all over the world. Learn more at www.jaredbistrong.com.
✅ Bring: A refillable bottle of water and open heart.
? Where: Modern ŌM Bungalow 5020 Northeast 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL, 33137
? Parking: There is metered parking alongside the streets of Upper Buena Vista on NE 2nd Avenue as well as NE 50th Terrace. Do NOT park in residential zone - they do tow.
? Registration: You can register for Level 1 OR for Level 1 + Level 2 for a discounted rate. A 3-part payment plan is available for the Level 1 + Level 2 bundle.
NOTE: WISDŌM & FREEDŌM Members receive 10% off registration. ŌM GLOBAL do no not receive discount.
Miami membership includes practices, curated gatherings, and high value opportunities to connect with new friends. Take the application here.
? Follow us: Eventbrite I Miami Telegram I Instagram
"I love the community, I love the vibe of Modern ŌM!!" - Seema
"I highly recommend this membership - you will not regret it!" - Nadine
“You can really tell Modern ŌM truly truly cares about its community and the conscious evolution of its members. Thank you!” - Alessandra
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Modern ŌM Bungalow, 5020 Northeast 2nd Avenue, Miami, United States
USD 355.00 to USD 995.00