About this Event
Certificate: Course Completion Certificate
Duration: 3 Days
Course Delivery: Classroom/ Virtual Live / Onsite
Effective professionals have the ability to directly influence the performance and success of their respective organizations. But in order to do so, they must first master an array of skills that may be unlike any they have ever used before. The Professional Skills Boot Camp is designed to provide you with just such expertise through an introduction to the competencies that they must master in order to transform themselves into high-performing servant leaders/practitioners.
This course is designed for any professional who owns the responsibility for a function, leads teams, manages people or simply wants to become more effective in a professional environment. The immediately useful skills taught in the course are a great benefit to:
- Project Managers - both traditional and Agile
- Agile ScrumMasters and Product Owners
- New Managers
- PMO Managers/Directors
- Experienced Professionals who wish to enhance their skills
- Team Leaders
- Business Analysts
- Lead Testers and Developers
- High Potential Employees
- Anyone who wants to improve their management and leadership competencies
Individuals certified at this level:
- Analyze and understand personal business strengths and weaknesses
- Learn specific interpersonal challenges associated with software teams and how to deal with them
- Examine and assess current leadership abilities
- Review strategies for building trust, using power and authority effectively, and how to develop others on a project team
- Improve self-awareness of emotional intelligence
- Learn how to overcome miscommunication between individuals and departments
- Determine strategies for how to prevent a negative employee's attitude from spreading to other employees
- Learn how to self-manage and lead software teams by example
- Use creativity, quick thinking and voting techniques to solve business problems
- Demonstrate competent communication and collaboration skills
- Manage project priorities and personal organization in complex projects
- Perform a gap analysis to begin development mapping
- Create an Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Tips and tricks to become self-motivated when no one is cheering you on
- Deal with difficult employees, co-workers, suppliers or bosses
- Cope with mistakes and failures by turning them into learning opportunities
- Minimize your weaknesses and maximizing your strengths
- Choose appropriate communication and collaboration methods in a socially networked world
- Appreciate different perspectives and examining different sides of situations
- Cope with office politics, hidden agendas and changes
- Learn how to persuade others without manipulating or controlling
- Investigate specific challenges of business analysts and software developers
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Students will receive a course manual with presentation slides and reference materials.
There is no exam.
Internet for downloading the eBook
Laptop, tablet, Smartphone, eReader (No Kindle)
Adobe DRM supported software (e.g. Digital Editions, Bluefire Reader)
eBook download and activation instructions
- Clarifying the differences between leading and managing
- Pinpointing the skills needed to be effective in each role
- Understanding how to balance and improve the two skills sets
- Building trust with others
- Using power efficiently
- Reviewing best practices of successful leaders
- Social Management
- Relationship Management
- Communication channels
- Communication models
- Communication methods
- The Power of Listening
- Coaching models
- Mentoring models
- Providing feedback
Conflict Management & Dealing with Difficult People
- Preferred conflict management styles
- A step-by-step conflict resolution process
- Strategies for handling conflict
Time Management Facilitation & Negotiation
- The concept of facilitation and how it differs from traditional methods
- Facilitation tools and techniques; handling difficult facilitating situations
- Preparing for a negotiation session
- The win-win negotiated outcome
- Negotiation strategies and tactics
- Readying the team/organization for change
- Leading others through any type of change
Assessments and Exercises
- Communicating Organization Direction
- Developing Key Relationships
- Inspiring Others and Directing Operations
- Developing the Organization
- Reinforcing Performance
However, catering to the demands of busy professionals, our virtual training programs are as effective as face-to-face learning. Reach us at [email protected] for dates and details of instructor-led live Virtual Sessions.
If you would like to get this course customized and delivered exclusively for your group, we have an On-Site Training Option, you can reach us at [email protected] for more details about on-site or corporate training.
Groups of 3 people 10% Discount
Groups of 5 people 15% Discount
Groups of 10 people 20% Discount
Public Speaking Training: According to a 1973 survey by the Sunday Times of London, 41% of people list public speaking as their biggest fear. Forget small spaces, darkness, and spiders, standing up in front of a crowd and talking is far more terrifying for most people. Through this workshop your participants will become more confident and relaxed in front of an audience which will translate into a successful speaking event.
Leading Effective Teams Training: This training based on leading teams will help you to develop anyone that leads a team or is involved in a leadership role. It is also useful for those that are about to embark on a position of leadership or need to develop their leadership skills.
Train the Trainer Training: Whether you are preparing to be a professional trainer, or you are someone who does a bit of training as a part of their job, you always want to be prepared. Your participants will understand that training is a process where skills, knowledge, and attitudes are applied in a unique way.
Presentation Skills Training: In a survey carried out amongst experienced, middle and senior executives, designed to determine the things that they feared most, public speaking came out as number one. Death was eighth on the list! So, most of us would rather die than stand up and present!
Practical Sales Skills Training: These practical sales skills training has been developed for salespeople or people who are required to sell as part of their role. This course is applicable for both people relatively new to sales as well as those who have a lot of experience as the content is flexible enough to adapt to suit the audience.
Conflict Management Training: Disagreements, differences of opinion and conflicting perspectives on key issues inevitably arise in any context where people are working together.
Research has shown that workplace conflicts can become highly destructive. Negative emotions may be stirred up, poisoning team morale, creating stress and destroying relationships.
Power Query and Power Pivot for Excel Training: Power BI (including Power Query & Power Pivot) are the biggest Excel news items in the last 10 years. They give Excel users the power to draw information out of multiple sources, link it together then perform calculations on it that can then be sliced & diced any way you want.
Essential Management Skills Training: Every day, managers solve difficult problems, turn organisations around, and achieve astonishing performance. To be successful, every organisation needs good managers.
Manager Management Training: With this course, you will be able to provide the skills, guidance, and empowerment to your team of managers. They will then be better suited in leading and motivating their team and thus produce fantastic results. To be a successful manager means having a wide range of skills. Through this workshop, you will be able to disperse your knowledge and experience throughout your leadership team.
Sales Presentation Mastery Training: Sales are the absolute most essential component of any business, and selling skills are the most highly valued skills in today’s business landscape. The world's fastest growing and most successful businesses have one thing in common: they have effective sales people that drive their business forward.
Time Management Training: Personal time management skills are essential for professional success in any workplace. Those able to successfully implement time management strategies are able to control their workload rather than spend each day in a frenzy of activity reacting to crisis after crisis - stress declines and personal productivity soars! These highly effective individuals are able to focus on the tasks with the greatest impact to them and their organization.
Internet Marketing Fundamentals Training: Marketing has changed dramatically over the last decade. Marketing is all about communicating, and the Internet has completely changed the way people communicate. The Internet is a marketer's dream come true, especially with social media, as you have a low-cost marketing tool that can reach a large audience.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
For venue details reach us at [email protected], PH: +1 469 666 9332, Las Vegas, United States
USD 1495.00 to USD 1995.00