About this Event
The Nurse Informatics Boot Camp covers content for nurses interested in becoming Certified Informatics Nurses and for other clinical professionals working in Informatics.
- Foundations of Practice
- System Design Life Cycle
- Data Management and Health Care Technology
- Current Issues and Case Studies
- Human factors in relation to IT systems
- Models and theories associated with informatics
- Delineate steps of the system life cycle as it applies to information technology in the health setting
- Discuss the scope and standards of nursing informatics practice
- Describe professional practice, trends, and issues within the informatics nurse role
- Explore management and leadership issues affecting informatics in healthcare settings
- Identify key concepts in informatics, information technology, information management, knowledge generation and data security
Susan K. Newbold, PhD, RN-BC, FAAN, FHIMSS, FAMIA, [email protected], is the Course Director and Consultant in Healthcare Informatics, Franklin, TN. She is uniquely qualified to teach this course as she has experience in the vendor, consulting, academic and hospital worlds. Dr. Newbold is ANCC Board Certified in Nursing Informatics and initiated the first review course in nursing informatics in 1995. She organized the first hospital-based conference in Nursing Informatics in the US. In 2001 she won the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing International Technology Award for Knowledge Advancement for this course. Dr. Newbold is the Recipient of the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing 2019 Virginia K. Saba Nursing Informatics Leadership Award.
Nursing Continuing Education hours will be provided for participants.
Children's National Employees may be eligible for a reduced fee registration, please contact Simmy King @ [email protected]
For nearby hotels please visit this link: https://discover.trinitydc.edu/visit/hotels/
Onsite parking will be available.
Please note in the agendas all time frames are approximate.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Trinity Washington University, 125 Michigan Avenue Northeast, Washington, United States
USD 625.00 to USD 725.00