About this Event
Join Baruch SBDC's Workshop on HR Essentials for Entrepreneurs.
Navigating the HR landscape can be complex, especially for new entrepreneurs. This seminar demystifies HR processes, from hiring and firing to understanding at-will employment and other critical HR topics. Our expert-led session equips you with the knowledge and tools to manage your team effectively and foster a positive workplace culture.
Who Should Attend?
- Entrepreneurs and small business owners new to HR management
- Business owners preparing to hire their first employees
- Anyone seeking to strengthen their foundational knowledge of HR practices in New York
What You'll Learn:
- Effective Hiring Practices: Strategies for attracting and selecting the right talent for your business.
- Navigating At-Will Employment: Understanding the legalities and best practices in an at-will employment framework.
- Managing Employee Relations: Tips for effective communication, conflict resolution, and fostering a productive work environment.
- Termination Processes: Guidelines for handling dismissals professionally and legally.
to learn from our experts, network with fellow entrepreneurs, and take a significant step towards enhancing your business’ HR capabilities.
Hosted by: Midtown Manhattan SBDC at Baruch College
Presenter: Lauren Aydinliyim, Assistant Professor of Strategic Management at Baruch College
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. Training collaboration does not constitute an expressed or implied endorsement of the presenter(s) and/or their organization(s) by the NYSBDC and SBA.
The Midtown Manhattan SBDC, hosted by Baruch College, is part of the New York SBDC network—a small business assistance organization facilitated by state and federal partnerships.
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. Training collaboration does not constitute an expressed or implied endorsement of the presenter(s) and/or their organization by the NYSBDC and SBA.
Note: We collect basic business details and demographic data in our registration process to help the NYSBDC and SBA better serve all the people of New York.
Questions? Contact [email protected].
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Baruch College Lawrence N. Field Center for Entrepreneurship, 55 Lexington Avenue, New York, United States