About this Event
Recording both as Parliament and Funkadelic, George Clinton revolutionized R&B during the ’70s, twisting soul music into funk by adding influences from several late-’60s acid heroes: Jimi Hendrix, Frank Zappa, and Sly Stone. In reviewing Clinton’s illustrious career and success as a producer / writer/ performer, perhaps his greatest achievement stemmed from his relentless dedication to funk as a musical form. Funk as a musical style had been around for what seems like forever, deeply rooted in the music traditions of New Orleans and the Blues of the Deep South. Following the lead – and commercial success – of James Brown and Sly Stone, Clinton took Funk to new heights, blending elements of Jazz, Rock, Pop, Classical and even Gospel into his productions, eventually developing a unique and easily identifiable style affectionately called “Pfunk.” Clinton’s inspiration, dedication and determination resulted in the elevation of “funk” music to complete recognition and acceptance as a true genre in and of itself.
By attending this SummerStage event, you attest that you answer “NO” to the following questions:
- In the past 14 days have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 or been asked to quarantine?
- In the past 10 days have you had new or worsening symptoms such as a fever, shortness of breath, persistent cough, sinus congestion or runny nose (not attributed to allergies), loss of taste/smell, headache, sore throat, severe muscle aches, fatigue, or nausea/vomiting/diarrhea?
- In the past 14 days, have you had close contact or high-risk exposure to someone with an active or suspected case of COVID-19? This includes being less than 6’ away for more than 15 minutes in a 24 hour period or direct contact with mucus or saliva.
- In the past 10 days have you been asked to get a COVID-19 test due to symptoms or risk of exposure and are still waiting for the results or received an inconclusive result?
- If you had a severe case of COVID-19, are you within 20 days of your last symptom?
I hereby certify, represent and warrant as follows:
I have received a COVID-19 Vaccine in the last 12 months.
I have received a negative diagnostic test result for COVID-19 using a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or DOH authorized polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or other nucleic acid amplification test (NAATs) of comparable analytical sensitivity performance that was performed on a specimen (e.g., swab) collected within 72 hours of the performance/event start time.
I have proof of a negative test result for COVID-19 from an FDA-authorized antigen test within 6 hours of the performance/event.
E-Tickets will be emailed 72 hours prior to the event.
Reselling of tickets is not allowed for this event to ensure proper contact tracing.
Staggered entry times will be assigned on tickets to reduce entrance crowding.
Visit https://cityparksfoundation.org/plan-summerstage-visit/ for additional information
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Capital One City Parks Foundation SummerStage, 5th Avenue at 69th Street, New York, United States
USD 75.00 to USD 125.00