About this Event
Book via Watershed .
In this event we will explore the ‘innovation gap’ in relation to tackling the climate emergency with a range of speakers from the public and private sector.
Local authorities have a significant role to play in leading the UK to Net Zero. Three quarters of councils have already recognised the urgency of the situation in their strategies and statements. Emerging technologies and innovation will have a central role to play in delivering on these commitments. In some cases, though, the cultural differences and disconnects between local authorities and the companies which want to supply them is generating an ‘innovation gap’, thereby preventing the effective deployment of these new solutions.
In this event we will look for ways to bridge the gap and accelerate the delivery of the innovative products that will contribute to meeting local and national Net Zero ambitions.
- Kevin O’Malley, Innovate UK
- Emma Clement, Urban Foresight
- Amrita Poptani, HomeLINK
- Kezia Williamson, Knowledge Transfer Network
- Adam Thorp, East of England Local Government Association
- Matthew Davidson and Miles Davis, iCAST
A short Q&A panel session will follow our speaker presentations.
Booking for this event is now managed by Watershed. Please book directly here.
Keeping Everyone Safe
Watershed wants to ensure that it is a welcoming and inclusive place for all. Please note that:
- You are required to wear a mask when moving around the building, and when seated in either the cinemas or Waterside spaces (unless exempt).
- The capacity of the cinemas and event spaces is at 75%, ensuring there is space between you and other customers on your row.
- You should not visit you’re feeling unwell and have COVID symptoms.
- Watershed will continue with measures currently in place, including increased and enhanced cleaning regime, provision of hand sanitiser throughout the building, maintaining air flow management plans to ensure adequate ventilation throughout, staff wearing face coverings and keeping contactless payments. If you would like to check in via NHS Test and Trace please feel free to do so, although it will no longer be required to enter the building.
- Watershed’s main entrance and Box Office are both on the ground floor which is accessible via a ramped, electronically assisted entrance door.
- There are two Blue Badge parking spaces to the rear of Watershed on Canons Road.
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs are very welcome.
- The first floor of Watershed is accessible via lift from the main entrance and includes level access to all areas, including the cinemas and event spaces.
- The cinemas and event spaces have induction loops.
- There is an accessible toilet (with baby changing facilities) near Cinema 1. Follow the signs for the Cinemas and the accessible toilet is just on your left through the double doors before Cinema 1.
- There are gender neutral toilets in the cinema corridor on the first floor.
- We offer companion seats without additional charge if required.
Visit Watershed’s Access page for more information.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Watershed, Bristol, United Kingdom