EDP Ltd is the leading open course provider in the south west. We have been providing this kind of training for over 3 years and have an experienced Associate and Instructor from MHFA England (Bianca Jones CIPD Assoc) delivering your course.
You will be sent the relevant links and materials 1 week before the course start date. You will need a camera and a microphone option on your device.
Note that this training will take place in person from 9:00am – 5.00pm OVER 2 DAYS.
You will need attend both days in person in Bristol, UK
Social Farms & Gardens
Hereford St, Bedminster, Bristol BS3 4NA
0117 923 1800
Time will be allocated for self-learning over the 2 days.
• Introduction to the Online Mental Health First Aid course and the Online Learning Hub (course overview, safety procedure, attending live sessions, and completing individual learning activities)
• Activity 1: Why Mental Health First Aid?
• Activity 2: The Mental Health First Aid action plan
• Activity 3: What is mental health?
• Activity 4: Quiz: Impact of mental health
• Activity 5: Stress Container (completed after live session)
• Activity 6: Frame of Reference (completed after live session)
• Introduction to course functions
• Introduction to the course
• ALGEE and mental health introduction recap
• Risk and protective factors
• 10 minute break
• Frame of Reference
• The Mental Health Continuum
• Introduction to the Stress Container
• Activity 7: What is depression?
• Activity 8: Risk factors for depression
• Activity 9: Mental Health First Aid for depression
• Activity 10: Introduction to suicide
• Recap of individual learning on depression
• Prevalence of suicide
• Suicide, substance misuse and dual diagnosis
• Analyse the impact of suicidal feelings
• Recap of ALGEE and risk factors for suicide
• Explain Mental Health First Aid action plan 1 for suicide
• 10 minute break
• Explain non-judgemental listening, Empathy video
• Practice using ALGEE in case study scenarios
• Review of ALGEE for suicide and depression
• Activity 11: What is anxiety?
• Activity 12: Mental Health First Aid for anxiety
• Activity 13: What are eating disorders?
• Activity 14: Mental Health First Aid for eating disorders
• Activity 15: What is self-harm?
• Activity 16: Mental Health First Aid for self-harm
• Activity 17: What are personality disorders?
• Recap of individual learning on anxiety
• Recap of the five basic steps of ALGEE for anxiety
• Explain action 1 for anxiety
• How to support someone who is having a panic attack
• Explain crisis first aid
• Practice action 2: non-judgemental listening
• 10-minute break
• Practice applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan for anxiety
• Explain cognitive behavioural therapy
• Recap of eating disorders and self-harm
• Case study for eating disorders and self-harm
• Review ALGEE for eating disorders and self-harm
• Activity 18: What are psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder?
• Activity 19: Risk factors for psychosis
• Activity 20: Mental Health First Aid for psychosis
• Activity 21: Helpful and unhelpful responses
• Workbook Activity 10: My action plan for using Mental Health First Aid (completed after live session)
• Review of individual learning on psychosis
• Explain the development of symptoms of psychosis
• Review the five steps of ALGEE for psychosis
• Group discussion about MHFA Australia psychosis video
• Case study activity using Mental Health First Aid action plan for psychosis
• 10-minute break
• Explore how to build a mentally healthy workplace
• Start action plan to use Mental Health First Aid
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Bristol, United Kingdom