About this Event
You will learn all the ins and outs of running successful Design Sprints by working in a team setup through B2B and B2C simulations based on real business case studies.
Through the process of Problem Framing, Design Sprint 3.0 and Design Sprint Facilitation training you will gain the right set of tools and skills to find actionable solutions and drive impactful outcomes.
What is a Design Sprint?
A design sprint is a method used for solving problems through ideation, prototyping, and testing ideas with specifically targeted users.
It was developed at Google, to align teams under a shared vision with clearly defined goals and deliverables. After much success, design sprints are now being adopted by companies, big or small, and from all over the world and within all different industries – from insurance and banking to entertainment.
How it works
- With a small, cross-functional team and a clear schedule for the week, you’ll progress from a problem to a tested solution in only 4 days.
- On Monday, the team creates a map of the problem and defines the direction of the sprint.
- On Tuesday, each individual sketches solutions and decide which sketches are the strongest.
- On Thursday, the entire team builds a realistic prototype by working together and playing different roles.
- And finally, on Friday, the team tests the prototype with five target customers and looks for reactions, comments, questions, moments of truth.
We’ve gained expertise in service, product, and vision sprints.
We found design sprints through our own example of a successful failure. Our Design Sprint journey started in late 2015 before the Google Ventures book ‘Sprint’ was published. Since then we’ve run dozens of design sprints for a variety of companies, from Fortune 500 companies to startups. This includes training Google in San Francisco as well as partnering with InVision to teach Design Sprints as part of their Design Better Workshops series, alongside the likes of Jake Knapp and Richard Banfield. And, each time, we noticed the companies were looking for different solutions and outcomes from a design sprint. But no matter the differences in expectations, the overall outcome remains the same – satisfaction from their actionable insights.
Our extensive experience has enabled us to design an original end-to-end Design Sprint training that will take you from zero to an expert Design Sprint Facilitator in just five days. This training program is:
- A great fit for corporates, enterprise organizations, and startups
- Adaptable to any service, product, or business problem
- Helps frame and solve complex business problems
- Optimal use of resources: time, people, and effort
- Considers the entire context, both business need, and customer problem
- That's why Innovators, Disruptors, Strategists, Designers, and Product Creators are joining our events.
This is how our Alumni describe the training program:
The Design Sprint Certification Program Modules
1. Design Sprint 3.0, a 2-days interactive learning experience that will show you how to:
- Solve a real customer problem
- Collaborate with a diverse team
- Understand and empathize with your user
- Build a Customer Journey Map
- Create a storyboard as a group
- Experience prototyping best practices
- Compile solutions, build, and test a functional prototype
- Make sense of customer testing insights
2. Problem Framing, a 1-day training to learn how to:
- define the right challenge for the sprint
- get the stakeholder's buy-in
- pick the right team, experts, and target customers
3. Design Sprint Facilitation, a 2-days train-the-trainer course to:
- Learn the ground rules, mindset, and your role as a Facilitator
- Get the best out of your team: how to tap into their full potential and creativity
- Manage conflicts. Learn how to deal with difficult group dynamics and disruptors.
- Improve assertiveness. Learn to show empathy, while intervening firmly
- Practice facilitation. Facilitate different Design Sprint phases and receive rounds of actionable feedback from your peers.
- Learn how to confidently run a sprint yourself and apply it to your organization.
4. Post the five-day training, the certification journey involves the following:
- Pass the Theoretical Exam
- Pass the Practical Exam and Evaluation
- On successful completion, you will become a Certified Design Sprint Master!
Can I pay by invoice?
Yes. Please email us at [email protected] your company details, and we will issue an invoice.
What should I bring to the event?
Laptop or tablet on Mon & Tue only. Not needed on the other days.
Are the tickets transferable?
Yes. If you need to request a ticket transfer, please email [email protected] But! All requests must be made 72 hours prior to the event.
Should I come as an individual or as a team?
Both individuals and company teams are encouraged to attend. But just to clarify, you don’t get to be a loner at the workshop. Individuals will work together with a team of people from different companies. This workshop will be valuable for both individuals and groups.
Are there any team discounts?
Yes, there are team discounts. Please email at [email protected] if more people from your company want to join a session.
Will there be refreshments, lunch?
Yes, refreshments and lunch are included.
Is the Design Sprint 3.0 training part of a bundle?
The Design Sprint 3.0 training is part of the Design Sprint Master Certification Program, which additionally has the Advanced Design Sprint Facilitation training and the Problem Framing training. When you sign up for all three there is a 15% discount.
What is the difference between Design Sprint 3.0 training and the Advanced Facilitation training?
In the Design Sprint 3.0, you will learn the Design Sprint process, experiencing all of the phases of the Design Sprint as part of a team, starting from an initial challenge, through ideating, storyboarding, prototyping and testing. In Advanced Facilitation you will learn facilitation techniques, you will facilitate activities from a design sprint, in a safe environment, and will receive feedback from our expert trainers.
Do I need Problem Framing training?
The short answer is Yes. Problem Framing sets your Design Sprint for success. You will learn how to define the right design sprint challenge that is connected to your business objectives, how to onboard your team and get stakeholder buy-in, as well as how to make sense of customer insights and research.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Design Sprint Academy, Mengerzeile 1, Berlin, Germany
EUR 2400.00 to EUR 2900.00