About this Event
Experience SF’s Little Italy with Incredible Italian Cuisine & Rich History
Join us on our San Francisco North Beach Food Tour as we explore the Italian restaurant scene and former Barbary Coast – known as the most notorious neighborhood in America during the Gold Rush! Let’s eat and drink through this cultural neighborhood!
<h4>How it Works</h4>
Our 4-course progressive prix-fixe dining experience visits 4 restaurants – two appetizers, one entree, and one dessert, with a sprinkling of culinary history and stories in between.
Our San Francisco North Beach Food Tour focuses on quality over quantity. Like a great sushi meal, our goal is to have you sample the highest quality ingredients – small dishes with huge flavor. We strive to shift your perspective of the neighborhood and its food through the story of the chef who made it.
<h4>Example Dishes & Drinks</h4>
Our North Beach Food Tour includes 4-courses – two appetizers, one entree, and one dessert – with a sprinkling of culinary history and stories in between. Plus an upgrade option to include 3 carefully curated beverage pairings. We focus on quality over quantity, but we promise you won’t leave hungry! Here are some possible tastings to satiate your curiosity.<h4>
- Famous tomato-based seafood stew, Cioppino, invented in SF by Italian Fisherman
- Authentic Italian wood-fired spinach parmesan pizza from the oldest pizza oven on the West Coast – Voted No. 3 Best Pizza in the US by People Magazine’s Pizza Search
- Taste yummy croquettes in an alleyway trendy cocktail den featured in the New York Times
- Hand-filled authentic cannoli at a historic Italian bookshop turned cafe
- Modern Day Pisco Punch, a nod to the historical invented during the SF Gold-Rush cocktail
- Hearty and cheesy Gnocchi alla Gorganzola at old-time local's favorite Italian Restaurant
- A duo of made-from-scratch Gelato tastes Creme Fraiche and Dulce De Leche from the SF Chronicle 12 Best Ice Cream Shops
- Kipling Button Punch cocktail, a cousin of the Pisco Punch, invented in North Beach
- Glass of Tommaso’s private-label syrah
Have your heart set on a particular tasting? Call us at 415-355-4044 to find out which restaurants will be featured.
<h4>Just The Facts
- Alcohol pairing upgrade for guests 21+: $35 per person for 3 tasting drinks
- Flat route, approximately 1 mile
- Our start location is in front of the Italian Athletic Club at 1630 Stockton Street
- Intimate tour groups limited to 12 people
- This is a social dining experience. One of our core values at Avital is Create Community, so we feel the best dining experiences are the ones in which we’re seated around tables sharing food and stories with others.
- Therefore, we have a 4-person minimum. If the minimum number of guests is not reached, we will contact you to help you reschedule onto another time or date with other guests, or offer a refund.
- Don’t see the date or time you want? Have a group of 8 or more and want to upgrade to a private tour? Email [email protected].
- Gratuities not included – please consider tipping your guide
- Advance Tickets are required
One of our core values at Avital is Breathe Curiosity. We enjoy introducing you to new foods and old favorites in new ways. We very much encourage guests to be adventurous and try something new – we’ve even had an 80-year old man try his first oyster with us! Thus, while we love the diverse ways our guests choose to eat, we can accommodate the following restrictions.
- Pregnant Guests
- No Pork
- No Seafood
You will be asked for your dietary restrictions during your booking process. If you are unsure if we can accommodate your restriction, please email us at [email protected]. Please note that this tour may include nuts, dairy, seafood, spicy food and pork.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Meeting Location - https://avitalexperiences.com/meeting-location/north-beach-food-tour/, 1630 Stockton Street, San Francisco, United States