About this Event
This year, celebrate the fall harvest by participating in unique mid-autumn festivities, flavors, and activities for the entire family!
Mid-autumn is one of the most celebrated holidays in China - a time for families to get together under the full moon and light up lanterns to symbolically illuminate the path to success for the rest of the year.
Join other families from all over Manhattan at this signature event of ours on September 23 to discover shadow puppetry, mooncakes, traditional Han garments, sugar paintings, and much more!
Schedule of the Day
2:00 PM – 2:30 PM: Shadow Puppetry Performance
2:45 PM – 3:45 PM: Workshops (first-come, first-served at the registration desk)
- Shadow Puppet Workshop: enjoy interactive stories and craft your own shadow puppets
- Hanfu Workshop: experience traditional Han Chinese garment
- Mooncake Making Workshop (I): make delicious snow skin mooncakes to take home
- Discover China Through Art Workshop (I): gallery tour and brush painting of plums
4:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Workshops (first-come, first-served at the registration desk)
- Mooncake Making Workshop (II): make delicious snow skin mooncakes to take home
- Discover China Through Art Workshop (II): gallery tour and brush painting of plums
2:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Interactive stations including arts and crafts and sugar painting
$15 per adult for the general public (one adult can bring up to two children)
$8 per adult for China Institute members and active students (one adult can bring up to two children).
Each additional child will be $5.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
China Institute in America, 40 Rector Street, New York, United States
USD 0.00 to USD 15.00