About this Event
Charlotte Nude Yoga (formerly CYNA Yoga)
Charlotte, NC's first and only co-ed, Nude Yoga class. The Carolinas Young Naturist Association (CYNA) is dedicated to providing opportunities for clothing-optional recreation and body positive activity in a non-sexual environment. We welcome everyone to our group regardless of gender, body type or identity. While 'participation' in the nude aspect of class is required, women may wear bottoms to class.
YOU MUST BE OVER THE AGE OF 18 TO PARTICIPATE.
Classes are held at Big Love Yoga Barn in Plaza Midwood (behind Pure Pizza) from 7-8pm on the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month beginning in 2023.
Our instructor is best-in-class, RYT certified by Yoga Alliance and also teaches at Charlotte Yoga and several other local studios. Classes will be customized to those participating and is ideal for both experienced yogi's and those new to yoga - all skill levels are welcome.
We hope to see you at our next class! Additional class details below.
LOCATION: Big Love Yoga Barn | (behind Pure Pizza) | 1911 Central Ave, Charlotte, NC 28205
PARKING: Please only park in the spaces located on either side of the Big Love Yoga Barn and DO NOT PARK in the parking spaces beside Pure Pizza. Please refer to the parking diagram below for a visual on where to park.
Note: If you are feeling ill or have potentially been exposed to COVID-19 please refrain from attending class and request a refund. Apart from illness, CYNA does not offer refunds and instead ask that you transfer your ticket to a future class if you are unable to attend the class for which you have purchased a ticket.
Be sure to check out the CYNA Facebook Group if you are interested in this class and similar clothing-optional events and community space.
Note: Please read over the before coming to class.
Please do not attempt to contact instructors directly. Please direct all inquiries to: [email protected]. Thank you!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What do I need to bring to class? Please bring your own yoga mat, towel and water.
- What should I expect my first class experience to be like? Participants typically begin arriving 10 minutes before class and those arriving early may find a spot on their mat or socialize until class begins. Participants may undress at any time before class. Before class begins, the instructor will greet the class and take an assessment for what type of flow we'll be doing for that class. Please take this opportunity to request anything you'd like the instructor to incorporate or if you have any injuries to account for. Class will begin and you will experience the liberation of social and recreational naturism!
- As a woman, I'm not sure if I'm comfortable being completely naked in front of others but I still want to attend class - what should I do? Women are always welcome to wear bottoms to class, and while some nervousness is to be expected, it typically goes away within the first few minutes of class. You are welcome to undress at your own comfort/pace.
- If I'm new to Yoga, is this class for me? Absolutely! Many of our participants are new to yoga and our instructor will customize the class and assist new yogi's as needed throughout the class.
- I've never participated in nude activities with other people - what will that be like in this setting? The short answer: It's the same as a traditional (clothed) yoga class, except everyone is naked. CYNA is dedicated to providing everyone with a safe, comfortable and private setting for you to explore your body and mind with others, in a non-sexual environment. Separating nudity from sex is an important part of Naturism, and our class helps to reinforce the normalcy of our naked bodies in a context completely separate from sexual intimacy. The class allows each of us to gain a more intimate knowledge of ourselves; our body and our mind. To ensure privacy, cell phone use is strictly prohibited during class and all participants are asked to not discuss the identities of other classmates outside of the context of classes.
- What if someone makes me uncomfortable during class? We have never had any issues with individuals making others uncomfortable, making unwelcomed advances, staring/gawking etc. However, if that were to occur, you should report the behavior to the instructor/event organizer. If appropriate, let the person know that they have crossed a personal boundary and made you uncomfortable. Please immediately report any behavior that goes against our group rules to the instructor and/or a CYNA organizer.
- Where should I park for class? DO NOT PARK BESIDE PURE PIZZA. Please park in the spaces available on either side of 'The Barn' behind the Pure Pizza. Additional parking is available on Nandina St as well as in the adjacent office building parking lot (1917 Central Ave, Charlotte, NC 28205). Please also refer to the parking diagram below.
- I have additional questions, who can I contact? Please email [email protected] with any questions, concerns or comments on class and our organizer will be in touch ASAP!
Big Love Yoga Barn, 1911 Central Ave, Charlotte, United States