All are invited!
About this Event
Friday, October 20, 3:00p - 7:00p Registration open
Friday, October 20 , 5:00p- 7:00p Welcome Reception at Hotel Kabuki, Sakura Room. Dinner on your own.
Saturday, October 21, During the day, explore the SF Bay area on your own (see below).
Saturday, October 21, 6:00p-7:00p. Registration open
Saturday October 21, 6:30-11:00. Dinner and special program at Hotel Kabuki, Sakura Room.
Sunday, October 22, 9:00a - 10:00a Breakfast Buffet & Sayonara's at Hotel Kabuki, Sakura Room
- Ticket price per person. Includes Friday reception (hors d'oeuvres), dinner on Saturday, and Sunday breakfast buffet.
Early Bird $395 ends June 30.
General Registration $425 ends September 20
Late Registration $475 ends October 22
Namebadges: For those who graduated from ASIJ, your name badge will be your Chochin yearbook headshot photo. If you would like to submit a different headshot photo from the same timeframe (your teen years) please send the .jpg file to Lisa DeYoung Jastram at [email protected]
Sightseeing (on your own):
- Hiking along the coastal trails (easy to moderate difficulty), weather permitting, with Len Weaverling followed by a barbecue lunch at Mark Melnick's house in Moss Beach. Limited to 10 people.
Golden Gate Bridge, Presidio, Alcatraz Island, Fisherman’s Wharf, Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, The Embarcadero, Lombard Street, COIT Tower, Chinatown, Salesforce Tower/Park, Asian Art Museum, Museum of Modern Art, Palace of Fine Arts, Golden Gate Park.
Explore Golden Gate Bridge, Presidio and Palace of Fine Arts on rental bikes: https://goldengatebridgebikerentals.com
Visit Alcatraz Island: https://www.alcatrazislandtickets.com
For the Arts, Science and History enthusiasts:
• Golden Gate Park (de Young Museum, Academy of Science, Conservatory of Flowers, Japanese Tea Garden): https://www.sftravel.com/article/visitors/guide-to-golden-gate-park
• Asian Art Museum: https://asianart.org
• Museum of Modern Art: www.sfmoma.or
The Embarcadero – Ferry Building: https://www.ferrybuildingmarketplace.com
Wine Country Tours:
• Sonoma & Napa Valley Wine Country: https://graylineofsanfrancisco.com/tours/san-francisco/deluxe-sonoma-napa-valley-wine-country-tour
• Napa Valley Wine Train: https://www.winetrain.com
Japanese restaurants nearby:
• Sanraku: www.sanraku.com
• Ryoko’s Restaurant & Bar: www.ryokos.com
• The Public Izakaya: https://www.thepublicizakayaca.com
• Akiko’s Sushi Bar & Restaurant: https://akikossushibar.com
• Hinodeya Union Square: https://hinodeyaramen.com
Upscale sushi restaurants for people who want to indulge (plan on a tab of $300-$500 per person):
• Kusakabe: https://kusakabe-sf.com
• Omakase (Michelin ★): www.omakasesf.com
• Akikos: www.akikosrestaurant.com
Japantown - comfort food all in one place:
• Restaurant guide: https://www.sfjapantown.org/dining
Japantown – docent led Historical Walking Tour (minimum of 10 people @ $15/pp):
• National Japanese American Historical Society: www.njahs.org
Note: many activities require reservations well in advance. Some activities offer reduced admission for groups. Check website for more details.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Hotel Kabuki - JDV by Hyatt, 1625 Post Street, San Francisco, United States
USD 395.00 to USD 475.00