About this Event
DATES OF SESSIONS: TUESDAY August 17 & 24 at 4pm - 6pm PST / 6pm - 8pm CST / 7pm - 9pm EST
Wondering where are all the Black, Indigenous People of Color (BIPOC) are in the history of the US sexuality field? So are we! This course fills in the numerous gaps in the contributions, research, labor, and lives of BIPOC to the US. Honoring the contributions of some white sex professionals and making space for a more inclusive understanding of how BIPOC have also created new forms of healing, knowledge production, and research will be offered along with how a framework of dehumanization has guided the field and must be shifted. Learn something new and challenge the single story narrative we’ve been taught about the US sexuality field. It’s time to grow.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Explain and identify a dehumanization framework
- List at least six BIPOC contributions to US sexuality field
- Examine white supremacy in US sexuality field
- Recognize the US sexuality field as interdisciplinary
- What is a dehumanization framework?
- Who are BIPOC contributors to the US sexuality field?
- How do I challenge the white supremacy in the field?
- Why is an interdisciplinary approach needed for the US sexuality field?
AASECT Core Knowledge Areas:
- C. Socio-cultural factors
- H. Health/medical factors that may influence sexuality
- O. Professional communication and personal refection skills
- P. History of the discipline of sex research, theory, education, counseling, and therapy
This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 4 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification. Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT certification. For further information please contact [email protected]
View ANTE UP! Grievance Policy: http://www.anteuppd.com/grievance-policy/
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Contact Bianca at [email protected]
What's the refund policy?
Full refund for those who paid in full upfront.
Partial refund less the deposit for all payment plans.
Only a 50% refund within 30 days of the event for all ticket types.
All videos will have English subtitles or transcripts, font size on powerpoint will be 24+, we will read aloud what is posted in the chat box on the zoom platform, and we are guided by disability justice principles. Please contact Bianca to confirm your needs are supported and honored. Image above is of a black and white logo of ANTE UP!
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Bianca I Laureano is the foundress of ANTE UP! Professional Development, an award-winning sexuality educator, supervisor, trainer, and curriculum writer. Bianca has worked in the US sexuality field for over two decades and was trained to be an intersectional scholar during her doctoral work in 2003 from leaders in interdisciplinary fields. Learn more about Bianca at her website www.BiancaLaureano.com.
USD 100.00 to USD 275.00