We’ll help you move away from ‘Auto’ and learn how and when to use your cameras other modes to capture personal and unique photographs. Modern cameras are superb image-capture tools. We’ll start with a run through the important camera controls and later, in the field, learn how to bring them together. It may seem a little confusing in theory, but it will make sense when put into practice.
To get the full benefit of more advanced courses and workshops, it's important you understand how to make your camera do precisely what you want it to. This workshop will give you confidence and set you on the right path to capture great images.
This is designed as a basic level workshop for people, it is well suited to those wishing to master shooting in manual mode or just starting out in photography. If you have already mastered the basics please look at Photo School 2: Being Creative or Long Exposure Landscape.
- What are all the buttons on my camera?
- Understanding and setting up your menus
- Shooting in Manual Mode
- Creative camera controls
- Exposure Triangle
- Understanding your Histogram
- Focus & depth of field
- Composition Choices
- Plus Creative exercises to support learning in the field with your tutor.
- Pocket Guide to Digital Photography
- Tuition from Ken Wright
- Morning Tea/coffee and a muffin (Note: lunch is not included in course fee)
To find out more or to book:
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
ProGear, 3 Railway Street, Newmarket, Auckland, New Zealand