About this Event
Young Carers Futures ConferenceImproving life opportunities for Young Carers and Young Adult Carers
A Young Carers Alliance conference hosted by Carers Trust
Join us at our inaugural national conference dedicated to improving the life opportunities for young carers and young adult carers, the one million children and young people providing informal care and support to friends and family members. The conference is being run by the Young Carers Alliance, a network of over 175 organisations and 400 individuals, and hosted by Carers Trust, the UK’s infrastructure charity for organisations supporting unpaid family carers.
2023 is a year of firsts when it comes to young carers:
- The first year that young carers have been included in the school census for English schools.
- The first time that young carers have been added to UCAS applications.
- The first ever parliamentary inquiry relating to young carers and young adult carers.
And so Carers Trust is delighted to announce that 2023 will also see the first in-person Young Carers Alliance Conference.
Taking place on Monday 16th October at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester, the conference will focus on how we collectively improve life opportunities for all young carers and young adult carers.
With the Census showing thousands of children and young people providing significant levels of care, research continuing to highlight the impact caring can have on their wellbeing, education and employment opportunities, and work underway to develop the first ever Covenant for Young Carers, this conference could not be more timely. It will bring together professionals, academics and young people themselves to develop thinking on how we create a step change for young carers and young adult carers.
You will hear from leading experts about how we can collectively support young carers to fulfil their potential, from education through to employment. There will be plenary and breakout sessions where you can learn and discuss practical actions as well as what we can do better to change policy and ultimately change lives.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dame Rachel de Souza - Children’s Commissioner for England
- Professor Saul Becker - world-leading academic relating to young carers for the past 30 years
- Gillian Churchill - CEO, Movement to Work
- Ben Jordan - Head of Policy, UCAS
- Barry Fletcher - CEO, Youth Futures Foundation
- Dr Rebecca Lacey - Reader at St George’s, University of London, leading research into inequalities in long-term outcomes for young carers
- Paul Blomfield MP - Chair, APPG for Young Carers
- Andrew Baxter - Head of Children in Need Outcome Policy Unit, Department of Education
Early Bird booking– book before August 14th for a discounted rate!
- Carers Trust Network Partners * and charities with an income under £500,000: Early bird - £85 / Standard - £100
- Schools, colleges and universities, and charities with an income over £500,000: Early bird - £136 / Standard - £160
- Public sector and corporate organisations: Early bird - £238 / Standard - £280
Prices exclude Eventbrite service fees & VAT.
*The Carers Trust Network is made up of around 126 local carer services called Network Partners across England, Scotland and Wales that supports carers locally through a unique network of local carer organisations. Network Partners pay a membership fee and being a Network Partner is not the same as being a member of the Young Carers Alliance.
Bursary Places for Young Carers and Young Adult Carers
We are offering a limited number of bursary places for Young and Young Adult Carers Adult Carers. Young people under the age of 18 will need to be accompanied. To enquire about applying for a bursary place please contact [email protected].
Exhibitors and Sponsors
For information about exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities please contact us at [email protected].
If you have any questions, please contact Carers Trust’s Young Carers team [email protected].
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Etihad Stadium, Ashton New Road, Manchester, United Kingdom
GBP 85.00 to GBP 238.00