The ancient science of Ayurvedic Medicine has long recognized the importance of the gut as part of a balanced, healthy body. Yoga, in particular, is a great way to begin this journey where it can heal our microbiome (that diverse ecosystem, like an internal garden living inside of you compromised of symbiotic bacteria that help maintain a healthy digestive system) through stress reduction, gentle exercise and in aiding digestion.
In this workshop, I will teach:
1. Specific yoga postures (both vinyasa and restorative based) and breathing
techniques that will help improve your digestion and reduce symptoms.
2. Understanding of which postures can help accelerate or calm digestion.
3. Understanding of Motility vs Mobility and Squeeze and Rinse Effect.
This workshop will be part lecture and part Vin/Yin practice and will include some handouts.
I will also teach you Special Techniques outside the yoga practice that I have found very helpful with my clients and my own gut journey:
1. To activate the vagus nerve or “Rest & Digest” state, very important for good digestion, as it regulates the parasympathetic response in the body.
2. To relax/soften the psoas muscle (the muscle that acts as a ‘shelf’ for the digestive organs. Digestive troubles can happen when it becomes too tight and unresponsive).
3. To help with the better functioning of the main valves in the digestive tract (mainly the ileo-cecal valve, which separates the large and small intestine).
4. Gentle belly massage.
Yoga Sanctuary, 7915 W Sahara Ave, Suite 101, Las Vegas, United States