About this Event
Our Wireframing with Figma one-day workshop takes our highly popular User Interface Design with Figma part-time course and brings you the essentials, taking you through the user interface design process from start to finish and demonstrating everything you should think about when creating a unique, intuitive and useful interface design. Please note: This is a hands-on workshop and each participant should bring a laptop to the session.
What Will You Learn?
This highly practical course will cover the fundamentals of visual and UI design, along with a hands-on approach to learning how to use Figma and build out your own prototype by the end of the day.
- Introduction to Digital Wireframing – What is digital wireframing and where does it sit within the design process. Answering questions like who should be involved, how much time should be reasonably allocated, ways of working, sharing and playback of designs.
- Introduction to Figma – cloud-based digital wireframing and prototyping tool – we will build a few screens together and put together a prototype using this highly collaborative design tool
- Design fundamentals – what is important to consider for the user experience, design systems, grid layouts, iOS and Android guidelines
- Differences between low and high fidelity – showcase of different levels of fidelity of wireframe designs from past and live projects.
- Designing for various devices – mobile apps, responsive design, web applications
- Overview of popular industry tools – when might you use each and how different companies/agencies/startups work with them
The day will have elements of solo work and group activities, and takes place inside our studio in Shoreditch, London.
Experience Haus, Floor 3, 168 Shoreditch High Street, E1 1HU, London
About Experience Haus
Experience Haus aims to bring people together through design. We host creative workshops and courses for the curious – and we also connect students with mentors within the industry. Our philosophy is simple: learn by doing. As our industry is constantly evolving, we’re always looking to learn – which is why we know the value of affordable education. We’re living in a city where the cost of living is high, so our goal is to keep your cost of education low.
With the right partnerships, we’re aiming to offer cost-effective courses accessible to everyone. We pair students with startups to provide real-world experience, so they can apply their learnings to real-life projects and real-life clients. The chance to connect with startups can also create exciting opportunities for students – internships, freelance roles or perhaps even a permanent role.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Experience Haus at the Matter of Form offices, Floor 3 - 168 Shoreditch High Street, London, United Kingdom