About this Event
Weeds, native plants, migrant plants, invasives....we share the city with a huge number of plants in various ecosystems. Watching plants through the year provides a broad understanding of the ways they grow, interact, and create the landscapes in which we live. Join herbalist and botanist Holly Poole-Kavana in exploring our green (and occasionally not green) neighbors. Topics will include plant ID and basic botany, cultivating relationship to plants and land, foraging and the ethics of harvesting wild plants, and medicinal uses.
Dates and times are as follows*:
- Saturday February 11th 1pm-2:30pm
- Saturday March 18th 1pm-2:30pm
- Friday April 28th 6-7:30pm
- Friday June 16th 6-7:30pm
- Friday July 28th 6-7:30pm
- Friday September 15th 6-7:30pm
- Saturday October 28th 1pm-2:30pm
- Saturday December 2nd 1pm-2:30pm
*Two notes on dates:
- Holly also works as a midwife's assistant-- in the unlikely event that she is called to attend a birth class will be rescheduled ASAP
- Class will be held in light rain, but in the case of heavy rain or dangerous weather it will be rescheduled
Cost of this class is based on a sliding scale-- please decide which ticket type is comfortable for you. For more information and guidelines about sliding scale considerations please visit www.littleredbirdbotanicals.com/consultation-fees but please note that the fees listed here are for herbal consultations, not for this class! Please choose ticket types based on the guidelines provided. Two spots are reserved at no cost to low-income BIPOC participants. If you are unable to reasonably afford tickets at these rates please contact me to arrange a rate that will work for both of us.
Accessibility: class will be held on uneven terrain, including grassy fields and woodlands. A portable chair will be provided for anyone who is uncomfortable standing for the duration of class. Please contact me if there is any way I can make this event acessible to you!
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Carter Barron / Rock Creek Park Picnic Area 23, Morrow Drive and Stage Rd NW, Washington, United States
USD 0.00 to USD 285.00