About this Event
Women Acting In Todays Society invite you to a night of glamour and prestige for our 30th Anniversary. Birmingham Conference and Events Centre.
Our fundraising evening is in aid of Women Acting In Today’s Society (W.A.I.T.S.) a multi-award-winning charity. WAITS provides high quality support and interventions to women who experience domestic abuse, and to female offenders suffering domestic abuse who want to turn their lives around.
We offer key services to support women in achieving their goals, live free from domestic abuse, be confident and be economically independent. WAITS empowers women to have a voice to influence government and local policies. Our services include:
- Domestic Abuse Service – supporting women who have experienced/are currently experiencing Domestic Abuse.
- The Community Integration Project (CIP) – supporting the resettlement of women suffering domestic abuse who have offended in the past or who are at risk of offending/re-offending in the future.
- Women’s Refuge – supporting women who are fleeing from domestic abuse or who are homeless due to domestic violence.
- Therapeutic services - free counselling and personal development workshops for women suffering Domestic Abuse to build confidence and heal emotional damage.
Our 30th Anniversary Fundraising Ball is raising funds for the following:
- Providing welcome packs for women who face homelessness
- Children’s Christmas presents
- Counselling and workshops for women
- WAITS refuge services
Hosted by: TBC
The night will include:
A three-course meal.
Raffle (prizes donated by local business, hotels and restaurants)
Dress code: Black tie
Carriages at midnight
Visit www.waitaction.org to make a donation or to access our services
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
The Birmingham Conference & Events Centre, Hill Street, Birmingham, United Kingdom