This training is free and is available to any individuals, school age children or members of Auckland restoration groups wanting to learn or refresh their skills, not just those interested in helping at Linley Reserve.
Delivered by the Whitebait Connection, courtesy of Auckland Council, learn how to
- accurately perform all water quality tests;
- how to search for stream life in different habitat zones (macroinvertebrate search techniques) and ID those little crawling creatures!
- assess the health of your stream.
For those who want more in-depth training or who want to input into the specific work at Linley Reserve, stay longer and cover
- site selection;
- health and safety planning;
- stream monitoring planning and technique improvement;
- uploading data to the Wai Care website.
Meet in the park by the stream at 10am. Look for Jo in the high-vis vest. The lower Mountbatten Avenue and Linley Place entrances are best. Parking is available in the local streets and the 926 bus stops next to the lower Mountbatten Avenue entrance. We will be starting promptly. Dress warmly, anticipating a muddy streamside. You may wish to bring a water bottle and snack to keep you going.
Check out previous testing results at Linley Reserve: https://waicare.org.nz/Resources/ExportRawData.aspx?site_id=1069#dataTable
Any questions, please feel free to message us.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Linley Reserve, 5 Linley Place, Hillcrest, Auckland, New Zealand 0627, Auckland, New Zealand