About this Event
2024 is an important election year, and The League of Women Voters is getting ready! Help us prepare by attending our Election Volunteer Fair and Training on Saturday, January 13, from 10am to noon at the Serra Mesa-Kearny Mesa Branch Library at 9005 Aero Drive in San Diego.
This will be a chance to gather, meet one another, and have some social time, as well as learn more about LWV election-related volunteer activities. Coffee and snacks will be served.
You will hear from League leaders of the following election-related activities and get to choose your level of commitment:
- Voter Registration/general tabling. This is your opportunity to register eligible voters and connect with current voters to let them know what services the League offers. Coordinated by Pam Curtis.
- Voter Registration at Parole centers. Help out in our efforts to implement Prop 17 (passed in 2020) to make sure that people who are on parole know they have the right to vote. Coordinated by Jeanne Weidner.
- Candidate forums. We serve the voters by partnering with town councils, chambers of commerce, community groups, school boards and other organizations to provide forums where members of the community can hear directly from candidates in a respectful and enjoyable format. Coordinated by Jane Andrews.
- VOTE411 online voter guide. Join the Telephone Team, the Research Team, and/or get technical training in November or December to become a Local Coordinator, who manages candidate and ballot measure info. Coordinated by Julie Ann Sih.
- Speakers Bureau. Be a part of our education team to inform voters of the pros and cons of the state and local ballot measures. In late August, we’ll need volunteers to research the measures and in September and October, members will bring the presentation to community organizations in person and virtually. Coordinated by Jeanne Weidner.
- Money in Politics. Help us get public financing of campaigns on the ballot with the San Diego Democracy Dollars Coalition. Coordinated by Allison Sullivan.
- Election Day activities such as becoming an election protection worker. Coordinated by Jeanne Weidner.
Then we will break into smaller groups for more discussion about specific roles and to get to know each other.
Notice of Accessibility: LWVSD strives to create inclusive, accessible meetings and events that enable all individuals to fully engage with its programming. Please contact us if you need accommodations to access this event.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Serra Mesa - Kearny Mesa Branch Library, 9005 aero drive, San Diego, United States