About this Event
This tour is very suitable for those interested in migration, urban or architectural history. It enables participants the chance to explore the issues surrounding the district and its unique culture and vibrant history.
- See the faded beauty of Keleti Train station and learn about its famous past.
- Head down to the cemetery where you can learn more about famous persons and events from Hungary's past and
- Examine the fate of the House of Fate Museum.
- Hear about the Hungarian Jews and Roma who inhabited this district.
- Learn about the meaning of the Orczy Ter Cross.
- Visit the infamous Chinese market. which is the largest wholesale market in ECE and explores its gloomy past.
- Learn about the history of the Ganz factory.
Meeting Point: Outside of the main entrance steps of Keleti Train station (not the side where the taxis stop) and look for our guides holding a yellow umbrella.
Tour Duration: 2 to 2.5 hours.
*Free Tours are tip-based, pay the guide what you think the tour is worth by tipping them at the end of the tour. If you don't enjoy the tour or are too poor to pay, then pay nothing.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Keleti Pályaudvar (look for the guide holding a yellow umbrella and wearing a yellow back pack with our company logo on on the main steps), Keleti Pályaudvar, Budapest, Hungary