About this Event
This free two-day training covers all aspects of digital preservation for audio archives. It's led by Bristol Archives' Unlocking Our Sound Heritage team, with the help of the British Library, and supported by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.
The training is open to anyone working or volunteering with sound archives in a museum, archive, heritage centre, library or similar. Our aim is to increase your confidence to deal with the sound archives in your collections.
- What do you have and how can you look after it? Identifying and conserving analogue and digital audio formats.
- Practical conservation for an imperfect world.
- So you want to digitise your recordings; planning, collection preparation for and issues in commissioning digital preservation for audio archives.
- Which field does this go in? Documenting audio archives.
- Sharing audio; navigating copyright and GDPR
- Using your digital audio for exhibitions and engagement
We promise small groups with plenty of time for discussions and questions.
You will receive British Library handouts and our slides including learning points and links for further reading. We'll also happily provide follow up support after the course as you start to work with your sound archives.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Bristol Archives, B Bond Warehouse, Bristol, United Kingdom