About this Event
St John's Notting Hill , 152 Lansdowne Crescent,W11 2NN
7 December, Wednesday, 7.30pm
Doors open at 6.30pm
Please join us for a charity Christmas Concert in support of the people of Ukraine.
ABSOLUTELY ALL PROCEEDS GO TO BRISITSH-UKRAINIAN AID FOR THE PURCHASE OF MEDICAL AID INSIDE UKRAINE
The concert will help us recall a peaceful Ukraine, with its rich customs celebrating the warmth of Christmas season. Ukrainian and British singers will be accompanied by a classical chamber ensemble; wine and refreshments will be available from the St John's church café.
Some of the carols to be performed:
- Carol of the Bells
- Dobryi Vechir Tobi
- In The Spotless Field of Oberon
- Sleep Jesus Sleep
- Heaven and Earth are now Celebrating
- And many more, from both the Ukrainian and English Christmas repertoires!
About the organisers:
- British-Ukrainian Aid (Charity Registered in England and Wales, no. 1164472) supports people suffering from the war and humanitarian crisis in Ukraine by aligning UK and Ukrainian efforts. They offer assistance to vulnerable individuals who have been wounded, stranded, or displaced. Since the full-scale invasion in February 2022 their main focus has been providing essential medical aid to Ukraine to help with emergency and relief operations.
To date, volunteers have delivered more than 26,000 medical kits and more than 90 ambulances, as well as medical supplies and equipment worth c. £1M to a number of places across Ukraine, including Kharkiv, Lviv, Mykolaiv, Kyiv, Dnipro, Odesa, Zaporizhzhia, and many other locations.
- Lycaeum Music is a London-based music lessons provider. With over 50 tutors and admin staff based in Ukraine, the company has been very active in raising funds since the war started, with over £150k worth of medical supplies and other humanitarian assistance delivered to date, in addition to 6 lorries with UK donations collected in London.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
St John's Notting Hill, 152 Lansdowne Crescent, London, United Kingdom
GBP 0.00 to GBP 25.00