Chi Kung & Embodiment training with Raquel Jesus
When navigating the epic journey from head to body and of restoring our broken connection with nature, we have much to learn with trees.
Tree Time Training aims to facilitate the present-moment experiences of standing with the tree as a living mirror.
Δ• WHAT WE WILL DO
After gathering at de Meditatietuin the training unfolds mostly outdoors in direct partnership with the trees.
Whilst standing still you will be guided towards the architecture of upright stance and into the several expressions of health-related forces in the body, as reflected by nature.
By way of tree postures, derived from the ancient chi kung tradition, sensorial perception and trauma education you are encouraged to:
- explore stillness
- cultivate the downward and upward - current of energy in the body
- tend to rhythm
- investigate clock-time, body-time and tree-time
- activate the reality of the senses
- connect to the environment
Δ• YOUR FACILITATOR
Raquel Jesus (1976) is a somatic practitioner, pre and perinatal therapist and chi kung facilitator.
She is inspired by and committed with the art of embodiment, natural cycles and transformational processes.
De Meditatietuin is located in the heart of the Amsterdam Amstelpark at nr. 6 The studio is in the middle of the park, surrounded by nature. It is the low building between het Rietveld Huis en het Glazen Huis. Google Maps will guide you the way!
Cars and bikes need to be parked outside of the park. Schedule about 10 minutes extra time to walk to De Meditatietuin studio in the park from the Red Bridge or main entrance (next to restaurant Rosarium).
Δ• FOR WHO
All are welcome. It is not required to have prior experience with chi kung. The practice entails standing and short walks.
Δ• REGISTRATION & TICKETS
Tickets can be purchased through the following link: https://www.chipta.com/tickets/event/37315/tree-time-met-raquel-jesus
Registrations are open till Saturday 16.00.
- Do eat something nutritious before the practice
- Do avoid the consumption of drugs or alcohol prior to the workshop
- Do wear suitable and comfortable clothing for the weather (as we will be also outdoors).
- Do bring water bottle
- The doors open at 9.15. Please make sure to be on time; in case you are late, please contact Raquel on 0641752458.
Δ• PRACTICALITIES •Δ
Register for this event through the following link: ticketlink
Refunds are only possible when the event will be postponed/canceled or when your participation is not possible due to symptoms related to COVID-19.
Due to COVID-19 we take extra safety requirements:
- the number of participants is limited
- the 1,5 meter distance between participants should be respected at all times
- Please disinfect or wash your hands with soap at arrival.
- Please inform us if you have any symptoms such as a cold or fever before the gathering will take place. In case of complaints, please stay at home. Your can either use your ticket for the next gathering if possible or your ticket will be refunded.
For questions, feel free to send us a message.
Photocredits: Pablo Nunez Palma from @thirdeyemedia
De Meditatietuin, Amstelpark 6, Amsterdam, Netherlands