This will ensure that you can:
- Work with intent not to re-traumatize.
- Spot signs of trauma.
- Respond to individuals without disrupting the group.
- Contain the potential domino effect of trauma in groups.
- Engage with trauma-sensitive language.
- Provide supportive self-care tools to your participants.
- Understand when touch can help and when touch can harm.
Over the two days we will cover these key areas:
- Embodied trauma: through authentic sharing, we will understand the way trauma lives and breathes in the body, the psyche, relationships, and groups.
- Relationship as the crucible for recovery - we will explore the often relational origins of trauma and how to harness our relationship with our clients/participants as a means for healing.
- Somatics - explore the mind-body connection, the split that happens as a result of trauma, and an approach for re-integration.
- Fragmentation and unexpressed desires - working with the impulses and expressions that are not safe to express.
- Somatic shapes for safety - working with shapes/poses will help if trauma is triggered.
- Touch for safe containment and grounding - how to use touch to help if someone is triggered.
- Affirmations for safety.
- Self-care solutions for trauma triggers.
- Resources and further support - where to send someone of trauma has been triggered.
- Boundaries in groups - understanding the function of group work, interpersonal boundaries, and your boundary as a facilitator.
You will receive an e-certification at the end of the 2-day workshop.
Note: this workshop will be filmed to be turned into online training. While you will not be seen on camera, your voices may be recorded and include for educational purposes.
If you are not in Singapore, you may like to pre-order for the Trauma-informed Group Facilitation Workshop. More details for the online course can be found on https://illumahealth.podia.com/trauma-informed-facilitation-workshop
To register your interest and to make payment for the course, please email us at [email protected]h.org, or WhatsApp us at +65 9006 8393.
Cost: SGD $580 (partial sponsorship is available, contact us to apply)
This is not a trauma-informed yoga teacher training, however, the content in this training will be applicable for 14.0 hours of CEUs from Yoga Alliance and can inspire your approach towards holding trauma-informed yoga sessions.
CEU Yoga Alliance: 14.0 contact hours
Natalia Rachel and Amber have co-created this workshop as a response to witnessing trauma come up in groups to either be missed, ignored, or facilitated in a way that causes further re-traumatization.
Both have a passion for creating safe trauma-informed space and supporting other facilitators to do the same.
About Natalia Rachel!
Natalia Rachel is an authority in trauma-informed culture, trauma & abuse recovery, and relational dynamics. Her insights into the human condition are a rare amalgamation of years working as a trauma therapist, educator, and clinic director, as well as a lived experience of complex trauma, recovery & transformation.
Natalia is known to illuminate the darkest aspects of individuals and communities, with an uncanny blend of gentleness and acuity. She is not afraid to dive right into the roots of systemic issues and invite immediate change.
As a consultant, advisor, and NED, Natalia brings an invaluable eye to assess and advise on relational dynamics, trauma-informed culture & policy development, and consumer psychology. As a therapist and teacher, she takes an experiential approach, that ignites a process of empowered self-inquiry and vulnerable expression. Her methods ‘Trauma-Informed Relational Somatics is being taught and practiced by other therapists in and beyond Illuma Health Clinic.
All of Natalia’s work stems from the intention to support a shift from disempowerment and oppression to empowerment and expression, with relationship as the cornerstone for change.
About Amber Sawyer!
As an Embodiment Facilitator, Amber shares the joy of living through holistic practices of yoga, active meditations, and pre/postnatal birth support. With more than 20 years of study and practice in Yoga, Ayurveda, and Meditation, as well as a Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering in the field of stem-cell tissue repair, Amber brings a unique perspective on healing and self-discovery through the influence of scientific and ancient wisdoms. Her life’s journey has included the intensities of academic research balanced by the depths of spiritual practices and the profound rite of passage of becoming a mother. This journey has included the unraveling of spiritual bypassing as a means to directly lean into her personal trauma, and the subsequent rebirth into her wholeness as a human being. Amber’s work primarily focuses on empowering women to have a conscious pregnancy, birth, and preparedness for motherhood. Currently, she serves as a birth assistant, pre and postnatal yoga teacher and teacher trainer, and meditation guide. Her living dharma is to continue empowering others to live in their authenticity, confidence, and vibrancy, embracing who they are and the full spectrum of what it means to be an embodied human.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Hom Yoga Raffles Place, 3 Canton Street, #02-01, Singapore, Singapore 049745, Singapore, Singapore