About this Event
exists to facilitate community contribution & connection in Chicago, & we are so excited to continue to grow Trash People of McKinley Park, sibling to Trash People of Logan Square. Come join us for our fifth (of many!), meet your neighbors, new friends & fellow Trash People. We can't wait to see you there!
- Please arrive at 9:15am to meet your fellow Trash People before we hand out supplies, run through guidelines and go over the plan for the morning promptly at 9:30am. It really helps us run a smooth event if everyone arrives on time, so thanks in advance!
- We'll pick up trash until around 10:45am, at which point we'll head back towards our meeting point to hand back supplies, take a group pic and high five each over!
- We love to be sociable! We'll be having optional coffee & sandwiches at The Stockyard Coffeehouse (558 W 37th St) after the cleanup. Build in time to socialize with new friends afterwards if you'd like!
- Please keep in mind that our events are weather dependent. Key an eye on our Instagram (@trashpeopleofmckinleypark) and your emails for event updates, as we will cancel the night before if the weather looks bad
- Everyone is welcome, and we hope you'll join us! We are a friendly bunch and exist not only to contribute to our community, but to make new friends within it, too :)
If you have any questions, the best way to reach us is via Instagram @trashpeopleofmckinleypark. If you don't have Instagram, feel free to email us at [email protected].
What to bring
- Please do check the weather and bring appropriate clothing/supplies - specifically you may like to bring a water bottle, sunscreen, and hand sanitizer. Be sure to wear comfortable and weather-appropriate shoes.
- If you have a grabber, gloves, spare trash bags, or a bucket, it'd help us if you bought it along! If not, no worries - as long as you've RSVP'd, we'll have spares for you :)
- If you want to bring a friend, please also have them register via the Eventbrite link so we can plan accordingly - we also need all attendees to acknowledge our waiver.
What not to bring
- We love pets, but you'll need both hands, and we'll be working near busy streets! We regret dogs aren't allowed to join Trash People events, but you're very welcome to show us pictures :)
- For safety reasons, our events are adult-only (18+). We'll consider opening this up in future, but for now we appreciate your understanding.
Safety & Liability
- The safety of all Trash People is important to us so we recommend in attending our events that you take all safety precautions that you would in every day life.
- We specifically request that you do not attempt to pick up any items that pose a biohazard risk, e.g. needles, or particularly sharp items e.g. broken glass. This keeps you and the next person picking up your bag safe.
- In attending our events, and by registering via this event link, you are acknowledging that your participation is voluntary, and that you are completely responsible for your own behavior and safety at the event. By registering, you are releasing and holding harmless Trash People and associated parties from all claims and liability relating to any illness, injury, disability or death, theft or loss that may occur during the event, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Sometimes photos are taken at our events which may be used for future promotional purposes and on social media. If you do not wish to be photographed for this purpose, please notify the group leader and opt out of photographs on the day.
- If the event is fully booked, please add yourself to the waitlist or join us for the next one! In order to keep the group manageable for our organizers, to ensure we have enough supplies, and to ensure all participants have reviewed our disclaimers, we require all attendees to have formally RSVPd.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
The Stockyard Coffeehouse - MEET OUTSIDE!, 558 West 37th Street, Chicago, United States