About this Event
This dynamic course will give participants the confidence and knowledge to prepare and transfer a patient in a variety of situations both within the hospital and between hospitals. The course will use a wide variety of teaching strategies ranging from lectures, workshops, tutorials and simulators.
Core topics include:
- assessing a critically ill patient prior to transfer;
- stabilising a patient prior to transfer;
- what equipment to take and how to use that equipment;
- transferring a patient within a hospital, for example, to radiology and theatres;
- preparing to and transferring a patient in a helicopter and ambulance;
- transporting variety of patients from children to adults with conditions, for example, head injury and road traffic accidents
Target audience: Aimed at the multidisciplinary team including ED and ICU nurses and ODPs. Doctors from Anaesthesia, Intensive care and Emergency Medicine should have at least 3 months anaesthetic experience.
Format: 2 day course
Venue: UHBW Simulation Centre
***THIS COURSE HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR 8 CPD POINTS BY THE ROYAL COLLEGE OF ANAESTHETISTS***
Should you have any enquiries about this course please e-mail [email protected].
Please be aware of our cancellation policy which can be accessed by clicking .
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
UHBW Simulation Centre, 5 Upper Maudlin Street, Bristol, United Kingdom
GBP 425.00 to GBP 565.00