About this Event
Join us for a site visit and CPD at the Former Royal Mail Sorting Office in Bristol! The event will feature a presentation on the enabling works by Kier, followed by Sir Robert McAlpine update on the ongoing and finished project, and site walk.
Vacant since 1997, the building was purchased by Bristol City Council through a CPO and demolished to facilitate the sale of the land to the University of Bristol for their new Enterprise Campus. The delivery of this project is critical for the continued success of the Enterprise Zone. Don't miss this opportunity to learn about the project's history and future impact
Temple Quarter Enterprise Campus (TQEC) is a flagship development that brings the University of Bristol to the commercial centre of the city, to the east of Brunel’s iconic Temple Meads station, to anchor it in the economic renaissance and renewal of Bristol and the wider city-region. TQEC will provide the space to reimagine the University’s role as one of the world’s great civic universities, empowering and enabling a transformed relationship with the city region, its businesses, communities, and government.
The TQA1 Building will support the economic growth of Bristol and the wider West of England by:
• Strengthening the role of Bristol City Centre as an economic powerhouse, bringing together high densities of knowledge-intensive firms, innovators and entrepreneurs, investors, and anchor institutions for innovation, including the University of Bristol, and Government;
• Acting as a catalyst and hub for the creation of an innovation district in the Temple Quarter area, which could significantly enhance the economic growth and competitiveness of the city as a whole;
• Solving societal challenges as part of a mission-orientated approach, providing a clear focus for innovation and business growth interventions, and creating social and environmental (as well as economic) value; Accelerating productivity growth in Bristol; and,
• Supporting inclusive growth, enabling people to access opportunities that will be created in the Temple Quarter.
• The first phase of the TQEC includes development of a new 6 storey 38,350m2 academic building (TQA1).
• Public Realm / Highway Works
• Permanent landscaping works
*PPE is compulsory for this visit*
PPE requirement is 5-point PPE i.e. Foot Protection, Hard Hat, Hi-Viz vest or coat, gloves and safety glasses. Note Full length trousers, no skirts/dresses.
CIOB Members free of charge, all other attendees £17.
Members: gain 3 CIOB CPD points when you reflect on the ethical aspects of your learning from this activity.
Member Services and Events Coordinator - Bristol Hub
+44 (0) 1344 630834
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
TQA1 - Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd, Cattle Market Rd, Bristol, United Kingdom
GBP 0.00 to GBP 17.00