About this Event
• Do you believe that meaningful education is much more than just factual learning?
• Do you think that students should actively participate in their learning process?
• Do you believe that children and young people should be empowered to become agents of positive change?
• Do you think that schools should teach 21st century skills, problem solving, critical thinking and empathy to prepare the students for the challenges of a fast changing world?
• Do you want to become part of a global movement that is bringing innovation in education?
Design For Change is what you are looking for!
Design For Change is a variant of the Design Thinking methodology for solving problems, adapted to school age. It entails teaching children and youngsters through project based learning during which they adopt and develop 21st century skills, work in a team empowering their peers and - through fun and play - bring concrete change to the community in which they live.
By encouraging students to map the problems in their environment and independently implement solutions for them, learning is happening with the highest level of children participation, and it results in empowering students with the “I CAN” mindset. The role of the educator in this process is new, different and more interesting. They become open and empowered through the ideas and successes of their students with whom the key is a relationship of cooperation and mutual respect and understanding.
Design for Change is a global movement, present in 60 countries, that works with schools and educators to empower children to say, "I CAN".
In this presentation we will present you the results of the last three years of work of the Design for Change Serbia.
We will explain the basics of the methodology, present you with student projects and introduce you to the DFC Serbia online interactive platform. The platform is an innovative tool that guides students in online and offline activities, promotes teamwork and creates a community of students who are agents of positive change. Moreover, it enhances student agency by giving them the possibility to choose from a range of activities and measure the development of their skills, through self-evaluation questionnaires and portfolios.
This presentation is for people who work in the educational field and everyone who is interested in supporting or advocating meaningful education.
Come to see how you can also become part of the inspiring Design for Change community!
Please register to reserve your seat.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Serbia Pavilion, Horizon Avenue, Dubai, United Arab Emirates