About this Event
Following the conversation, we invite you to join us for a meet-and-greet with the author, book signing and light refreshments.
Tobias Dengel, President, WillowTree
"The Sound of the Future: The Coming Age of Voice Technology" (PublicAffairs, October 10, 2023)
Why voice technology is the next big thing in technology, as big as mobile a decade ago and the internet in the late 90s, fundamentally altering the way companies do business.
Voice is the next technology – remarkably similar in potential impact to the internet and mobile computing - poised to change the way the world works. Tobias Dengel is in the vanguard of this breakthrough, understanding the deep, wide-ranging implications voice will have for every industry. In The Sound of the Future, he connects the dots about this emerging paradigm to vividly illustrate how business leaders can stay ahead of the game, rather than scrambling to catch up, as voice technology gradually reveals its power, creating a host of new winners and losers.
Using fascinating, colorful stories, Dengel explains how the “voice-first” experience is becoming part of the global technology mainstream, exploring the ways voice will do a better job of serving basic human needs such as safety, speed, accuracy, convenience, and fun, as well as making it possible for hundreds of millions of people around the planet to participate more fully and productively in today’s high-tech world by making interactions with technology virtually effortless.
A pervasive technology like the internet and mobile, voice, with applications in marketing, sales, service, manufacturing, and logistics, will change the way we work at every level and every function, driving down costs, boosting productivity, and enabling the creation of entirely new business models.
This is not simply about Siri and Alexa. They are the tantalizing but incomplete precursors of the ultimate interface that will make technology easier, faster, more accurate, and more human.
About our Speaker:
Tobias Dengel is president of WillowTree, a global leader in digital product design and development, with headquarters in Charlottesville, VA, and offices throughout North America, South America, and Europe. WillowTree, now part of TELUS International, has been named by Inc. magazine to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest- growing companies, with clients that include major companies and large government agencies.
This event is available to attend in-person or virtually via livestream.
Rotman Events is committed to accessibility for all people. If you have any access needs or if there are any ways we can support your full participation in this session, please email [[email protected]] no later than 2 weeks in advance of the event and we will be glad to work with you to make the appropriate arrangements.
General Admission: In-Person Ticket Details
- The event will be hosted in Desautels Hall at the Rotman School of Management (105 St. George St., Toronto, ON M5S 3E6). Your registration fee includes a copy of the book and meet-and-greet with book signing by the author.
General Admission: Livestream Ticket Details
- Rotman Events will email registrants a link to the livestream. Your registration fee includes access to the livestream, video replay for 30 days, a copy of the book and shipping fees. The book will be shipped to registrants after the event. Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery.
30-day Catch-up Viewing
- Unable to attend the event due to scheduling conflicts? Not to worry. All registrants (in-person or livestream) can access the full recording on-demand for one month after the live event.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Refunds will only be issued for cancellations received in writing NO LATER than 24 hours prior to the event. Please email [email protected] for processing.
- In-person registrants who do not pick up their book at the event will have 5 business days to request postal delivery by emailing us at [email protected]. All unclaimed books will be returned to the publisher after that time.
Questions: [email protected], Mandi Gosling
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Rotman School of Management + Livestream, 105 St. George Street, Toronto, Canada
CAD 0.00 to CAD 44.00