About this Event
Titanic Museum Exhibition - Bristol is a limited one-week experience coming to The Island Gallery. Explore the city’s connection to the Titanic, view artefacts never before seen in public, and learn about the great ship.
In a small, intimate environment, you'll discover items from the Titanic including:
- Pocket watch and other personal items of Titanic’s stoker, William James Major.
- The notebook used by third class steward Thomas Mullin.
- Items from the wreck site, including a small piece of the Titanic's hull.
- A full-size bronze recreation of the Titanic's Grand Staircase cherub.
- A fog horn used during the rescue of the Titanic's passengers.
- Chinaware and silverware used by first class passengers.
- Items from the Harland & Wolff shipyard where the Titanic was built.
You’ll also learn about the people from Bristol that boarded the great ship, the history of the Titanic, life onboard, and how the world was changed after the disaster. The team from the upcoming PC game Titanic: Honor & Glory, will also be providing a playable demo, enabling you to explore the ship in first person.
The exhibition takes place at The Island, a multi-use creative space that hosts over 100 resident artists and boast a Circus Training Space, Dance Studio, artist studios, and music studios. It’s a stones-throw from Bristol’s shopping quarter, making for easy access via local transport links.
The exhibition takes place at on the first floor of The Island, with stairs leading up. We regret that it is no wheelchair access for this event.
What You Need to Know When You Come to Visit Us
- Please ensure that you arrive during your booked time slot.
- When you enter the Gallery, a member of our team will check your booking.
- The Gallery is a small, intimate space, so you may need to queue outside depending on how busy we are. Please make sure you’re prepared for the British weather!
Keeping Yourself and Others Safe
- You will be encouraged to sanitise your hands on your way into the Gallery.
- You will be encouraged to wear a face-covering upon entering the building.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
The Gallery Space, The Island, 1st Floor, Bristol, United Kingdom
GBP 0.00 to GBP 8.69