About this Event
THE STEEL WHEELS: www.thesteelwheels.com
"The Steel Wheels have long been at home in the creative space between tradition and innovation, informed by the familiar sounds of the Virginia mountains where the band was formed, but always moving forward with insightful lyrics and an evolving sound. In 2005, Jay Lapp (vocals, guitars, mandolin) and Eric Brubaker (vocals, fiddle) joined lead singer Trent Wagler (guitar, banjo) in forming the band as a vehicle for Wagler’s songwriting. They released several albums under Wagler’s moniker, before officially adopting the The Steel Wheels name with the 2010 release of Red Wing. Quickly staking their claim as independent upstarts in the burgeoning Americana scene, The Steel Wheels followed up this release with three more self-produced albums in the next five years, before joining forces with producer Sam Kassirer for Wild As We Came Here (2017) and Over The Trees (2019). Kevin Garcia (drums, percussion, keys) joined in 2017, bringing a new level of sonic depth and polish to the outfit. Newest member Jeremy Darrow rounds out the rhythm section and grounds the band as they continue to explore deeply rooted yet fresh folk rock sounds. Having gained the experience of thousands of shows, festivals and many miles on the road, the stubbornly independent band has formed deep bonds with each other and the audience that sustains them. " -Artist Bio
@ Ballard Homestead6:30p doors, 7:00p show
All ages, mostly seated
--------------------------------------------------EVENT & VENUE INFO:
- Ballard Homestead is partially ADA accessible. Please email [email protected] with questions and for accommodations. ballardhomestead.org/about
- Service animals as defined by the ADA are allowed. Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities.
- Please limit photos during the show so as to not distract other attendees from the experience.
- Please enter quietly if the show has already begun.
- Please leave quietly, it's a very quiet neighborhood.
- Quiet Picnics Welcome. ie. please no crunchy packaging or loud chips, smelly foods, etc. We sometimes have a few tables out, or you can use the side yard if weather is nice.
- Light snacks & non-alcoholic beverages may be available for purchase, but no other food or bar service at Ballard Homestead shows.
- We have a mix of padded chairs, benches, and a little standing room in back for big shows.
- We are an all ages venue. Kids 10 & under are free at Abbey Arts concerts & arts events unless noted. Please request by emailing [email protected]
- Entering the venue indicates agreement to adhere to the Abbey Respect Policy. All are welcome. fremontabbey.org/respect
--------------------------------------------------ABOUT ABBEY ARTS, SEATTLE:
NONPROFIT 501C3, NON-RELIGIOUS, EST. 2005
Presenting welcoming music, arts & cultural experiences for people of all ages & incomes.
- Rental info & more: fremontabbey.org/rent
- Concert & events calendar: fremontabbey.org/calendar
- Volunteer opportunities are available for most shows (include free entry) www.fremontabbey.org/volunteer
- Arts Connect provides free tickets for nonprofit workers, low income families, and veterans. fremontabbey.org/artsconnect
Home Venue: Fremont Abbey, 4272 Fremont Ave North, Seattle, WA 98103 / 206-414-8325 Ballard Homestead: 6541 Jones Ave NW, Seattle | + South Park Hall, Woodlawn Hall Greenlake, UHeights Auditorium (UDistrict), St Mark's Cathedral (Capitol Hill), & more</ul>
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Ballard Homestead, 6541 Jones Ave NW, Seattle, United States
USD 5.00 to USD 400.00