About this Event
NOTE: THERE ARE TWO TICKET TYPES FOR THIS CLASS. PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTIONS AND CHOOSE THE BEST CHOICE FOR YOURSELF.
- all attendees will receive pre-class videos to prepare for our time together, a follow-up quiz to grant a Continuing Education certificate, a permanent recording of the zoom class
- ONLINE ONLY TICKET: participate in a live or recorded zoom class (11am-1pm) with lecture, demo, and QA session
- IN-PERSON TICKETS: attend the above lecture in-person plus an additional break and hands-on demo/ practice time (limit 10 tickets - see safety information below)
Try this — before a walk or run, take a few minutes to massage only one of your feet. Then see how your body moves and feels. You are likely to feel a difference between the sides, not just in the foot, but in all the places under that foot’s influence. Which turns out to be many places.What is the combination of structural behavior and neurofascial self-regulation that causes the foot to be such a dynamic bridge between body and ground? What should be done when this system functions poorly?That’s what this online class covers: The nerves and neural behavior of the foot and how these interact with its mechanics. We will also learn some useful principles for assessment & treatment of the foot.INFO AND SKILLS COVERED
- What is ‘health’ in this system? Principles of neurofascial physiology
- What can go wrong? Common conditions viewed through a neurofascial lens
- Movement Experiments: Foot anatomy & mechanics
- Palpation: Innervation & Inflammatory behavior of the foot
- Generally useful Assessment & Treatment Techniques with a neurofascial aim
ONLINE ONLY (11am - 1pm): To participate, you'll need a phone or a webcam-enabled computer, and be available to participate in a focused way during the live class
or watch the recording on your own time.
IN-PERSON (11am - 4pm): To participate, you'll need note-taking materials, movement-friendly clothing.
SAFETY INFORMATION: For the safety of all participants, we will be masked and sanitizing throughout class time in a well-ventilated classroom. Based on the number of cases of COVID-19 in King County, we do require participants to be fully vaccinated (2 weeks post final dose) to attend in-person. Tickets include an attestation to vaccination status. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.
**If you have previously attended this class's ONLINE only version and are interested in attending the in-person class, please do contact us at [email protected] for a link to your discounted ticket option.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CERTIFICATION
- ONLINE TICKET: This 3-hour Online Continuing Education class is open to all healthcare practitioners licensed in Manual/Massage Therapy or another license to touch.
- IN-PERSON TICKET: This 5-hour Continuing Education class is open to all healthcare practitioners licensed in Manual/Massage Therapy or another license to touch
Both meet the WA state CE requirements for massage therapy.
Good Shepherd Center, 4649 Sunnyside Ave N, Seattle, United States
USD 60.00 to USD 120.00