CHANNEL ONE SOUND SYSTEM 2 HOUR SET//REGGAE SOUNDSYSTEM//DANCEHALL// SOCA //BRUNCH AND HIP HOP//TROPICAL MUNCH//R&B BRUNCH//COCO SUNDAY DJS AND MCS// FREE FACE PAINTING FOR KIDS//FREE RETRO ARCADE GAMES TO PLAY// FREE WHISTLES AND HORNS FOR FIRST 100 PPL//TOP CARIBBEAN & BBQ JERK TRADERS//RUM PUNCH//GUINNESS PUNCH//JAMAICAN BEER//AND A CLOSING EVENING CLUB NIGHT.
Carnival tastes and vibes brace Birmingham soil on Saturday 7th August as The Jerk Festival fires out a super-sharp gathering celebrating 57 years of Independence, the Jamaica Independence Day Festival is jam-packed with top music, delicious Caribbean Street Food and UK’s biggest BBQ Jerk Traders and more.
Acts gracing the Digbeth stage this August include the world-famous dub reggae sound system, Channel One; hip-hop royalty Brunchin- and Hip Hop; the UK’s biggest R&B daytimer R&B Brunch; soca and dancehall DJs Tropical Munch; classic throwbacks from Coco Sunday Club and more will be creating the carnival atmosphere, this will be Digbeth’s biggest party of Jamaica Independence come, Summer.
Channel One Sound System is one of the UK’s best known and most loved reggae sound systems. Having taken over the running of their father’s sound in 1979, Mikey Dread and his brother Jah T took the sound to local blues parties and dances. Mikey took the name Channel One as homage to the legendary Channel One studio in Jamaica. In 1983, Channel One started playing at Notting Hill Carnival, they have played at Carnival every year since and have played all across the world. Channel One play a unique selection of conscious reggae, exclusive dubplates and uplifting steppas.
The annual Jerk Festival will be back in 2022, but we thought coming out of lockdown we deserve a big fat celebration and what better way to bring the whole community together with a day-to-night party championing Island empowerment, taste, sounds and happiness. Doused down with a few Rum Cocktails, a swigger and swag to some great music, Channel One Sound System flipping out the best Caribbean carnival sounds, throw in some 80's retro arcade games, free face-painting for the young ones and say hello to the regions biggest Island party!
With several multiple bars serving the best Rum Punch, Guinness Punch and Jamaican Beer and more but the star of the show will be the endless selection of amazing Street Food dishes cooked up by the very best Caribbean chefs and BBQ Jerk Traders, the day will be a feast of abundant tasty flavours, perfect on a hot Summer’s day!
But it doesn’t stop there, once the kids go home come 7pm – 10pm the party steps up (over 18’s only) to present the ultimate Jamaica Independence Closing Club Night with the biggest DJs and MC’s from Brunch’n and Hip Hop, R&B Brunch, Coco Sunday and Tropical Munch and more! Everything from Hip-Hop, Trap, Grime, Afrobeat, Swingbeat, Dub Reggae, Roots Rock Reggae, Ragga, Revival Reggae, Lovers Rock, Soca, Calypso, RNB and more will be dropped! This after-party will be on fire!
With free whistles and horns given out to the first 100 people, The Jerk Festival presents Jamaica Independence Festival will be a day to remember.
The Jerk Festival presents Jamaica Independence Festival, Saturday 10 August 12pm – 10pm. If attending with family, children under the age of 18 will not be able to attend the evening part of the festival from 7pm – 10pm (over 18s only). The headline act Channel Sound System will be playing before 7pm. Times to be all announced on our website and social media platforms.
VENUE: 30-34 River St, Deritend, Birmingham B5 5SA
Terms and Conditions - Important Information:
• 12-7pm all ages welcome, children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. From 7pm to 10pm this becomes an over 18s event.
• Dishes and flavours to be announced on our Facebook wall and website when possible leading up to the event.
• Ticket is for entry only, food and drink to be purchased separately.
• All dishes is the standard service and specific dietary requirements cannot be catered for at the event; please check with each vendor for more information.
• Please read Taste and Liquor's Full Terms & Conditions and Need to Know Information http://www.tasteandliquor.com/need-to-know-infomation-and-full-terms-conditions before purchasing your tickets or paying at the door by clicking here. By buying tickets in advance or paying at the door you have agreed to our full terms and conditions.
• Please note that photography and filming will occur on the day/evening and will feature visitors. By purchasing a ticket and attending the event, you are agreeing to the use of these images in any future promotional, advertising or publicity material.
• Please note that the venue has the right to refuse entry.
• This ticket cannot be cancelled, exchanged, refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer. If CV19 lockdown is to return then you will have the right to use your tickets again at a later date or accept a full refund.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Secret Space Digbeth, 30-34 river street, B5 5sa Birmingham, UK, Birmingham, United Kingdom
GBP 6.97 to GBP 9.66