About this Event
This year we invite you to the historic Tivoli Turnhalle in Denver or the Museum of the West in Grand Junction for a transformative day-long conference, TLD 2024: Looking Back to Move Forward, dedicated to the innovative use of primary sources in education.
Hosted by the in collaboration with MSU Denver School of Education, is tailored for educators who are passionate about inquiry, critical thinking, and bringing primary sources to life in their classrooms. Connect with fellow educators, share ideas, and gain inspiration for the future.
As we delve into the rich tapestry of our past, "Looking Back to Move Forward" offers a unique opportunity for educators to explore the power of primary sources. This event will feature a diverse lineup of speakers from various educational backgrounds, each providing their unique insights on how to engage and inspire students through historical documents, artifacts, narratives, maps, audio files and other types of primary sources.
Whether you're a seasoned educator or just starting your career, this event offers something for everyone.
Mark your calendars and join us on Teacher Librarian Day 2024 as we look back to move forward and make a positive impact on education.
Highlights of the Event Include:
- Keynote Speeches: Hear from a wide variety of educators as they share their expertise on the utilization of primary sources to create a dynamic learning environment.
- Interactive Workshops: Participate in hands-on sessions that will equip you with practical strategies and creative approaches to incorporate primary sources into your teaching methodology.
- MSU Denver School of Education Insight: Benefit from the expertise and innovative approaches developed by the MSU Denver School of Education's dedicated faculty.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with fellow educators and professionals who share your commitment to enriching classroom experiences.
- Live Streaming to Museum of the West: For those in the Grand Junction area, experience the event in real-time at the Museum of the West, where the essence of the day will be broadcast live.
- Resource Sharing: Gain access to a wealth of resources from the Library of Congress that can be readily implemented into your curriculum.
Whether you're in Denver or joining us via live stream from Grand Junction, prepare to be inspired and to leave with a renewed sense of purpose and a toolkit brimming with ideas.
The registration is the same for both locations. You will indicate the location you would like to attend when signing up. If the fee is a barrier for attendance, please reach out for a waiver.
Parking will be covered for all attendees.
Substitute reimbursement will be available to the first 100 teachers who sign up.
.5 graduate credit through Adams State University will be available to those who attend the event as well as complete a short reflection about your learning.
We look forward to welcoming you to TLD 2024: Looking Back to Move Forward.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Tivoli Turnhalle (Denver) and Museum of the West (Grand Junction), 900 Auraria Parkway, Denver, United States