About this Event
Enjoy a variety of tacos and tequila cocktails or dance to live music or a DJ—all while enjoying views of beautiful gardens and incredible animals without kids, strollers or crowds. This after-hours event is for adults 21+ only! Beer, wine, seltzer and other canned cocktails will be available as well.
Event tickets include exclusive after-hours, limited-capacity access to Lincoln Park Zoo.
This event will feature:
- Pop-up bars serving canned tequila cocktails, margaritas and other adult beverages throughout the zoo
- Specialty tacos crafted by the chefs at Levy Restaurants
- Live salsa and bachata music and lessons performed by Chicago's own Enrique Calderon and His Orchestra!
- Live DJ on South Lawn
- Lawn games and plenty of spaces to relax and refresh with friends and family
- Free rides on the AT&T Endangered Species Carousel
- Giveaways and more!
Ticketed events help keep Lincoln Park Zoo free and open to all 365 days a year. Support your zoo while sipping a cocktail!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What parts of the zoo will be open, and will I see animals?
Taco & Tequila Fest at the Zoo will take place throughout Lincoln Park Zoo's buildings and grounds.
Animals that live at Lincoln Park Zoo always have the choice to be indoors or out, in view of the public or not. This is a zoo policy that promotes positive animal welfare. We hope many animals will choose to be outside, but they may choose to spend their evening indoors.
Is this event accessible?
Yes! To learn about accessibility at Lincoln Park Zoo, please visit lpzoo.org/accessibility.
What are the age restrictions for this event?
21+. No one under this age will be permitted into the event. All guests must have a ticket.
Can I purchase tickets at the door?
Maybe. If tickets remain available, a limited number of tickets will be for sale at the door at a higher price. We highly recommend purchasing tickets in advance, though, as this event always sells out quickly!
I am a member. How can I apply my membership benefits?
Members get 10% off registration for all zoo events. To redeem your member discount:
- Click “REGISTER NOW” at the top of the website.
- Click “TICKETS.”
- In the top-right-hand corner, select “ENTER PROMOTIONAL CODE.”
- Enter the first three digits of your Lincoln Park Zoo membership number.
- Select “APPLY CODE.”
- Select the number of tickets you need and proceed to checkout.
Can I transfer my tickets or get a refund? What happens if there is inclement weather?
All Lincoln Park Zoo event tickets are non-refundable. If you are not able to make it to the event, feel free to give your ticket to a friend or family member. All events will be held rain or shine. Please dress accordingly!
How do I enter the event and can I re-enter once checked in?
Enter the zoo at the East Gate on Cannon Drive and Fullerton Parkway (the zoo’s parking lot) or the West Gate at Stockton Drive and Webster Drive. Tickets can be scanned on your smartphone or on a printed sheet of paper. Re-entry is not permitted.
What items are prohibited at this event?
Lincoln Park Zoo has a strict policy of restricted items for this event. Please make note of the below items that are restricted for this event:
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGES
- No water bottles, beverage containers, cans, or bottles
- No folding chairs
- No luggage of any kind
- No animals (with the exception of service animals)
- No coolers (unless medically required)
- No illegal substances
- No noisemakers or balloons
- No Segways or motorized scooters
- No thermal containers
- No weapons
- No remote-controlled aircrafts or drones
- No items deemed dangerous or inappropriate
Alcohol purchased outside the zoo is prohibited, and we ask that you refrain from smoking tobacco and cannabis inside the gates for the health and safety of our animals and visitors. Lincoln Park Zoo’s Code of Conduct can be found here.
No firearms or weapons of any kind are allowed, except for on-duty police or security personnel. For the safety of guests, staff, volunteers, and animals, all purses, bags, and other items carrying personal belongings are subject to inspection upon entry.
Lincoln Park Zoo, 2001 North Clark Street, Chicago, United States
USD 15.00 to USD 35.00